V9 Features: Tesla Arcade (was Atari)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah. I had a hard time understanding how it got into the cars before the lawyers gave the okay. Seeing Tesla’s recent track record, I understand now.
Don't be so quick to crucify Tesla over this. It happens even to very large media companies, and way more frequently than anyone thinks. All it takes is one entity in a partnership that no one knew about registering a protest.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't be so quick to crucify Tesla over this. It happens even to very large media companies, and way more frequently than anyone thinks. All it takes is one entity in a partnership that no one knew about registering a protest.
Tesla also has (or maybe had) a policy where the Service Manger/Lead would take a customer car home for the next to test. I brought that one up as a horrible practice and a big liability and was told legal would review it, so me thinks they may jump without legal from time to time ;)

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla also has (or maybe had) a policy where the Service Manger/Lead would take a customer car home for the next to test. I brought that one up as a horrible practice and a big liability and was told legal would review it, so me thinks they may jump without legal from time to time ;)
I didn't say it wasn't possible, just that it's not the only possibility. I've read about large media companies having to fight over rights to stuff they thought they had permission to use. If they can have an occasional slip-up because of it, so can Tesla. Sometimes it can be as simple as that they fully had the rights to use the game, but that a certain credit was required to be displayed prominently (or phrased a certain way), and the owner decided the end result wasn't sufficient.

Last edited:

DocScott

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While we're at it, does anyone know how to activate the Superzapper in Tempest? Pushing both buttons at once on the steering wheel doesn't seem to do it, and I didn't see it listed in the instructions before playing. That's a big missing feature for that game, though, if there's no way to use it. (Hyperspace in Asteroids, on the other hand, works just fine with the two button push.)

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They showed video of CupHead too...
Looks like the Rally is very much MarioKart inspired...awesome

The interface also shows Toybox and Arcade

brur

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I get the feeling I'm in the minority. But all the arcade games in the world mean nothing to me. And if I had any say in it, I'd can the arcade software engineers and hire more fsd software personnel.
I appreciate the effort of providing icing on the cupcake and it must be a fairly inexpensive endeavor but that is all it is, sugar on an already sweet (car) treat.