V9 Features: Tesla Arcade (was Atari)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed the audio problem as well. Doesn't seem to matter what source you were listening to prior to playing the games, once you exit the games, regular entertainment audio doesn't work again until you restart the car or reboot the GUI.
the only audio issue I've noticed related to Atari, is when the app opens, there is an audio pop (like back in the day when you would plug in/out the ¼" audio jack). but my stereo audio resumed normally after exiting the games.

Country
Country
Not sure about the other games, but in full screen Centipede you can actually turn the steering wheel to move your guy back and forth (not talking about the scroll buttons, but actually steer the car)

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure about the other games, but in full screen Centipede you can actually turn the steering wheel to move your guy back and forth (not talking about the scroll buttons, but actually steer the car)
Awesome...looks like I'll be replacing tires much sooner than usual!

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I couldn't resist, and tried Centipede with the steering wheel tonight...WOW. Instant high score. So much better control!
It is just using the torque sensing that autopilot uses, no need to push hard enough to move the wheels.
Now I'm really excited for Pole Position :D

Craig Bennett

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just started having a strange bug with Lunar Lander. I rotate the lander to vector thrust and when I initiate thrust the lander rotates on it's own to the default orientation 90 degrees to the vertical. I've rebooted the screen a couple of times to no avail and this has happened over multiple sessions over the course of several days. Lunar Lander worked fine for the first several days after the v9 update.

I played some asteroids and did not observe any control issues nor do I have any issues with other functions using the scroll wheels so it's my belief there is no issue with the scroll wheels themselves.

Anyone observe this behavior?

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just started having a strange bug with Lunar Lander. I rotate the lander to vector thrust and when I initiate thrust the lander rotates on it's own to the default orientation 90 degrees to the vertical. I've rebooted the screen a couple of times to no avail and this has happened over multiple sessions over the course of several days. Lunar Lander worked fine for the first several days after the v9 update.

I played some asteroids and did not observe any control issues nor do I have any issues with other functions using the scroll wheels so it's my belief there is no issue with the scroll wheels themselves.

Anyone observe this behavior?
I've found the controls for Lynar Lander to be a bit squirrels at times. It's a little tricky to predictably rotate the lander. A few times I've found the lander nearly rocketing off into space with barely a scroll wheel button press. I must do more research.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Funny things that have happened while playing Teslatari:

1. Started up one of the games and it caused a reboot, leaving the windshield wipers running at full tilt (I made a funny... game... tilt...)
2. Played Centipede and seemed like it would never end as I kept getting extra lives. What was actually happening was the game was restarting over and over again, briefly showing the high scores screen for a few milliseconds before starting to play again. Went on for about 10 minutes before it finally stopped and NO, I didn't get to keep all the points!
3. Played Centipede and the shooter got stuck on. Not sure how, but that made it easier for me to play for sure!

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've found the controls for Lynar Lander to be a bit squirrels at times. It's a little tricky to predictably rotate the lander. A few times I've found the lander nearly rocketing off into space with barely a scroll wheel button press. I must do more research.
Try using the steering wheel to control the rotation (not sure if this always worked, but it does for me now). I noticed the squirrely behavior when using the scroll wheels to rotate, but the steering wheel seems to work fine.

I also remember that the original game had an "abort" button that would automatically orient the lander to vertical and perform a full thrust burn. I haven't experimented enough to figure out what control this button is mapped to.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Random notes on Pole Position:

1. You use the brake as the gas pedal in the game, which means your Model 3's brake lights will blink on and off as you play.

2. If you play while your Model 3 is plugged in, you will get repeated "Unable to Drive" warnings in your driver information area (see image below).

3. The Tesla signage, Martian landscape, and occasional BFR make this version much more compelling than the original. :)

20181218_200741.jpg

JMON

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Random notes on Pole Position:

1. You use the brake as the gas pedal in the game, which means your Model 3's brake lights will blink on and off as you play.

2. If you play while your Model 3 is plugged in, you will get repeated "Unable to Drive" warnings in your driver information area (see image below).

3. The Tesla signage, Martian landscape, and occasional BFR make this version much more compelling than the original. :)

View attachment 19369
My highest score is like 12500 (ish) . . . but I know I can do waaaaay better

Nom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I mean to post more on this stuff but never get around to it. But something came to my attention today that forced my hand!

NO MORE POLE POSITION!!! What the heck!??!??!?!?!?!? I scan the forum for software news periodically. I didn't see this one. What happened? Why did it disappear?

On the positive side, the seat heaters now work well via the app. No more mystery on what seat will be on when me and the fam get in the car. Glad this has been fixed.

I bought AP -- the shimmy going around curves has been significantly reduced. Pretty cool that the car gets better and better.

But, to repeat, no more pole position!!

OK, finding that there is some press on this now ...

https://www.slashgear.com/tesla-pole-position-atari-easter-egg-removal-licensing-issues-11569412/

I was able to consistently qualify for the first race. Came damn close to even finishing the first race but never quite made it. Scores north of 20,000 were not too uncommon.