V9 Features: Easter Eggs and Shortcuts

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

porkupan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
upcoming fart and fireplace apps
I suppose some people will be having fun with these "Easter eggs". For about 15 minutes tops. After all, if farting makes you and your passengers laugh, you probably already do it in your car -- your app is always with you, you are sitting on it. For others, like myself, it's a serious WTF. Why is Tesla wasting precious software development resources on these farts, when there is so many outstanding issues with software and hardware that demand attention? How about working on the auto-wipers for a change? Or fixing some of the NOA flukes? How about trying to slow down for a red light, making the useless "autopark" less useless, or getting the Summon to work a bit more like what they originally promised?

Or getting the battery report actually close to the mileage the battery is in fact going to provide? I took a trip to NYC yesterday. It's a 200-mile round trip. Charged the battery to 280 miles overnight. Came back home at 20 miles. Does it make a lot of sense?

Flashgj

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I suppose some people will be having fun with these "Easter eggs". For about 15 minutes tops. After all, if farting makes you and your passengers laugh, you probably already do it in your car -- your app is always with you, you are sitting on it. For others, like myself, it's a serious WTF. Why is Tesla wasting precious software development resources on these farts, when there is so many outstanding issues with software and hardware that demand attention?
I may be showing my age, but I totally agree. I find even the thought of a fart app childish and a total waste of time. I have looked at the Easter eggs a total of ONCE, out of curiosity, never to see them again. Now if they actually improve or fix all the things that are currently considered beta, I would be way beyond thrilled.

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I suppose some people will be having fun with these "Easter eggs". For about 15 minutes tops. After all, if farting makes you and your passengers laugh, you probably already do it in your car -- your app is always with you, you are sitting on it. For others, like myself, it's a serious WTF. Why is Tesla wasting precious software development resources on these farts, when there is so many outstanding issues with software and hardware that demand attention? How about working on the auto-wipers for a change? Or fixing some of the NOA flukes? How about trying to slow down for a red light, making the useless "autopark" less useless, or getting the Summon to work a bit more like what they originally promised?

Or getting the battery report actually close to the mileage the battery is in fact going to provide? I took a trip to NYC yesterday. It's a 200-mile round trip. Charged the battery to 280 miles overnight. Came back home at 20 miles. Does it make a lot of sense?
I suspect tesla have multiple software teams, with different focuses. The easter egg stuff is probably a couple of UI/UX guys working with a few interns, throwing stuff together in their spare time. Does not take away from the serious work their machine learning and vision teams are doing. Totally different skillsets, even if the easter egg team wanted to help the others out, they probably don't have those capabilities.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I suspect tesla have multiple software teams, with different focuses. The easter egg stuff is probably a couple of UI/UX guys working with a few interns, throwing stuff together in their spare time. Does not take away from the serious work their machine learning and vision teams are doing. Totally different skillsets, even if the easter egg team wanted to help the others out, they probably don't have those capabilities.
exactly. do you want the one deciding what the best implementation of fart noises be the same guy who works on how the car reacts to real world driving issues?
if you don't want to play with the easter eggs, don't. it's not required.

Charlie W

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While Elon's Easter Eggs are pretty cool, is there a way to adjust the volume of the Easter Eggs -- such as turning down the fireplace crackle just a tad, or lowering the volume of "Run Run Rudolph" in Santa mode, (or I suppose someone will suggest turning UP the fart sound)? By the way, if my question sounds familiar, I've asked this kind-of "volume question" before, regarding the startling beep-beep-beep-beep (I think there are 5 beeps) when the car thinks a collision is inevitable (Post #12 in the "False Forward Collision Warning" thread) but am still searching for an answer -- or at least, the answer I'm looking for! ;) Thanks a million friends.

~Charlie W

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I'd say its a safe bet the Auto Pilot Team is not coding software or working on anything but Auto Pilot related topics. You really think Tesla is allocating top programmers for coding Easter Eggs? For all you know these Easter Eggs where coded a year ago. By the way, any software bug fix gets field tested before its released to the fleet, maybe the improvements have already been made. Perhaps the issues you listed do not have such an easy solution and will take more time and testing. I seriously can't believe you are griping over free features that are cool and humorous that probably took Tesla no time at all to create. This is classic Tesla. See how much any other car manufacture cares if you don't like the way your auto wipers work. Last I heard Elon is on top of it and coming up with a solution in the near future for the wipers.

Stop being a scrooge and thank Santa Musk for his gift ;)

porkupan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Stop being a scrooge and thank Santa Musk
Sorry to be a scrooge, I am certainly happy that the software controlling my vehicle is not staying the same. I think it's super cool, like buying a new cellphone every few days. But haven't you been reading this forum? After every single software update people are complaining about features being broken, sensors reporting random errors, needing two-finger salutes, not being able to unlock or wake up their vehicle, error dumps, dangerous unexpected braking or acceleration while on EAP, etc. etc.

By the way, any software bug fix gets field tested before its released to the fleet
You are saying it like you know it's true. I think, with the Tesla you may be deluding yourself.

I am not sure what OS is actually running in the Tesla (I assume it's some kind of Linux, but not sure what flavor). In Android, some apps have been known to seriously affect performance of other components, leak memory, fail to unload, hog the CPU. Some people just make a habit of periodically rebooting their mobile phones or Android TVs, like there is nothing wrong with it. I don't think Tesla is running Android, but I don't know.

So the Fart App running in the background may or may not affect the Navi and EAP. I sure hope it doesn't.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to be a scrooge, I am certainly happy that the software controlling my vehicle is not staying the same. I think it's super cool, like buying a new cellphone every few days. But haven't you been reading this forum? After every single software update people are complaining about features being broken, sensors reporting random errors, needing two-finger salutes, not being able to unlock or wake up their vehicle, error dumps, dangerous unexpected braking or acceleration while on EAP, etc. etc.

You are saying it like you know it's true. I think, with the Tesla you may be deluding yourself.

I am not sure what OS is actually running in the Tesla (I assume it's some kind of Linux, but not sure what flavor). In Android, some apps have been known to seriously affect performance of other components, leak memory, fail to unload, hog the CPU. Some people just make a habit of periodically rebooting their mobile phones or Android TVs, like there is nothing wrong with it. I don't think Tesla is running Android, but I don't know.

So the Fart App running in the background may or may not affect the Navi and EAP. I sure hope it doesn't.
On the positive side, my fart app seems to be performing flawlessly!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But haven't you been reading this forum? After every single software update people are complaining about features being broken, sensors reporting random errors, needing two-finger salutes, not being able to unlock or wake up their vehicle, error dumps, dangerous unexpected braking or acceleration while on EAP, etc. etc.
And you have to remember that it is human nature to concentrate on the negative and only come to sites like this to complain about something. You don’t see every other person posting that everything worked perfectly that day after an update, just like the day before the update.
There are millions of processes going on and when an update goes out to tens of thousands of cars at a time, some things are going to be discovered that were not when tested in house by tens of engineers (or however many are beta testing)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And you have to remember that it is human nature to concentrate on the negative and only come to sites like this to complain about something. You don’t see every other person posting that everything worked perfectly that day after an update, just like the day before the update.
My Tesla software worked flawlessly during my commute this morning, even with a light rain.
It unlocked with no delay when I operated the door handle to open it.
NOA performed correctly, and even suggested that I get out of the passing lane at one point.
No rebooting was required at any point, before or after.
The charge port door opened as expected with just a slight push on the charge port door.
And the car continues to charge at the full rate that the ChargePoint station is capable of providing.

I'll be sure to post this message after every single commute during which I don't have any problems with the software. :expressionless:

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Tesla software worked flawlessly during my commute this morning, even with a light rain.
It unlocked with no delay when I operated the door handle to open it.
NOA performed correctly, and even suggested that I get out of the passing lane at one point.
No rebooting was required at any point, before or after.
The charge port door opened as expected with just a slight push on the charge port door.
And the car continues to charge at the full rate that the ChargePoint station is capable of providing.

I'll be sure to post this message after every single commute during which I don't have any problems with the software. :expressionless:
How lucky for you! Well I keep having a recurring problem with my car several times a week that completely prevents me from driving it!
My wife takes it from me!
I hope Tesla figures out a fix soon.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How lucky for you! Well I keep having a recurring problem with my car several times a week that completely prevents me from driving it!
My wife takes it from me!
I hope Tesla figures out a fix soon.
I can't say that my partner kept driving and taking the car from me since he did trade his car and made the down payment and has made the payments since June, and he even let me drive it to work one day a week and I got to drive when we were together, but I still just couldn't handle it. So good bye to the pickup and hello second Model 3. I didn't want to extend my payments by 3 more years, but at least the payment fit the budget and it just makes me a happier person each day.

I can only say that this doesn't fix the problem 100% as we both now want to drive the AWD.. We don't really punch it that often, but it is just knowing you can and knowing that is has a more solid kick than the RWD that makes it that much more fun.

You have 9 days to save another $7500. Call your local gallery and see what they have sitting in inventory, there seems to be a few in every location where a sale falls through or something. You'll never get Uncle Sam to give you an easier $7500, and I've got a referral code that will get you 6 months free supercharging!!!!! :cool::eek:

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Someone on Reddit rooted their MC1 to run Pole Position, but also found Breakout!
I seriously wonder if there is a hidden Tesla code or Easter egg to activate it.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do you cancel the Easter eggs like rainbow road and Santa mode? The only way I got the damn cowbell to stop was to activate Emissions testing and fart a few times.

Thanks.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do you cancel the Easter eggs like rainbow road and Santa mode? The only way I got the damn cowbell to stop was to activate Emissions testing and fart a few times.

Thanks.
Activate voice search and ask the car to navigate somewhere, that works for me and it's the only way I've found to cancel the Easter eggs.

undergrove

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Cancel Santa Mode after the song finishes by pushing the talk button and saying "Ho Ho Ho"

I think I was able to cancel the Cowbell by pushing the right stalk down quickly 4 times, same as to start it. I only did this once some time ago, so I am not sure about this.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
when I got home and parked tonight, I wanted to look thru some blackvue video from earlier that day. So while scrolling thru videos, I turned the 'fireplace' on.
IMG_1796.jpg
by the time I was done, I thought to look at my phone to see the interior temp (it just seemed nice and toasty). so a comfortable 112F :)
IMG_1795.jpg

with a 1% drop in battery (not plugged in) between 6:45p when I parked to 7:22p when I snapped that pix when turning it off. (per Teslafi) Not bad for blasting the heat for more than a half hour!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@MelindaV - Wow - so you sat in the car with it 112F? You're own built in sauna. You may or may not have known, you can enjoy Romance mode without the heat. You have to do it from the app. Just go to climate and turn it off, Romance/Fireplace mode will continue without the heat.

You also helped answer my question from two weeks back when I forgot and charged go 100% after my weekend travels. I would have had to leave all the heat on high for many hours sitting in the garage to drain 10% off. It only took about 20 min driving with the heat on.

Camper mode/Party mode is good for HOURS in this car.