V9 Features: Easter Eggs and Shortcuts

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Anyone know of a way to view "detailed" directions on GUIDANCE mode for navigation? So annoyed it only displays directions only 1 turn ahead now on Guidance mode. I hate having to switch back to TRIP mode in order to view full turn by turn directions.
just pull down a bit on the bottom of the list? It will expand all the turns.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Check this out, I'm too short to do this with Middie:

Tried this one several times, making sure to wake and unlock first, but no love. :(

Sigh... I fear Bellatrix and I are crashing hard out of the honeymoon phase. Is it too early in our relationship to get counseling? :weary:

(P.S. I see body-colored paint in the gaps by the passenger-side reflector, not the matte gray plastic that I see on the driver's side.)

skygraff

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anybody know how to stop the Easter egg screen from pushing the VIN/mileage screen down when’re you touch the T? Every time I try to stop it or slide it back up, the name change dialogue gets triggered.

I’d rather explicitly access the Easter eggs than have them be default when I touch the T for useful service info.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tried this one several times, making sure to wake and unlock first, but no love. :(

Sigh... I fear Bellatrix and I are crashing hard out of the honeymoon phase. Is it too early in our relationship to get counseling? :weary:

(P.S. I see body-colored paint in the gaps by the passenger-side reflector, not the matte gray plastic that I see on the driver's side.)
Are we being punked? I also was unable to make this quirk happen, and it makes little sense that money would be spent on additional parts and electronics required to pull off such a lark. Can anyone confirm that they have successfully accomplished this move or are we all hugging our cars this evening for no other reason than the affection we feel for this car?

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are we being punked? I also was unable to make this quirk happen, and it makes little sense that money would be spent on additional parts and electronics required to pull off such a lark. Can anyone confirm that they have successfully accomplished this move or are we all hugging our cars this evening for no other reason than the affection we feel for this car?
Yeah, I wondered that too before I posted.

If we are being punked, the pictures are very convincing.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, I wondered that too before I posted.

If we are being punked, the pictures are very convincing.
I agree that the pictures are convincing. But, 15 hrs. later...I think we would have had some confirmation by now. WE BEEN PUNKED! However, my car seems unusually happy this morning. I think she enjoyed her hug!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone know of a way to view "detailed" directions on GUIDANCE mode for navigation? So annoyed it only displays directions only 1 turn ahead now on Guidance mode. I hate having to switch back to TRIP mode in order to view full turn by turn directions.
Yeah tap the top direction and the list expands for you!

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Those of us with young children will probably agree that our Model 3s are already awash with plenty of toilet humor... :rolleyes:

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here's more proof I was punked

https://insideevs.com/public-service-model-3-does-not-love-you/

Darelldd

Maybe this is widespread knowledge, but it wasn't for me. I had read in the V 9 release notes about the shortcuts for the application folder, but could not get it to work, and had not seen it shown anywhere It is really useful for quickly opening and closing the rear camera:

Is this faster/easier than simply tapping the camera button on the lower left of the screen (to the left and below the top view of your car) that is ALWAYS right there?

I thought you could just swipe down on the next turn, and it becomes the long list. Maybe I haven't tried it in a while though...

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is this faster/easier than simply tapping the camera button on the lower left of the screen (to the left and below the top view of your car) that is ALWAYS right there?

I thought you could just swipe down on the next turn, and it becomes the long list. Maybe I haven't tried it in a while though...
The camera button is quicker for me. Also, you are correct. You can swipe down and expand the Nav list.