V9 Features: Easter Eggs and Shortcuts

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Is there any truth the rumour that once you have found and activated every easter egg at least one time it automatically moves your cars VIN # to the top of the firmware upgrade cue? ;)

crmatson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it’s 10 clicks.
I just did this and heard a clicking noise from my UMC and got a notification that charging was interrupted.
The Tesla logo did cycle colors however.
Another click on the handle resumed charging and was accompanied by clicking in the UMC again.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I find the phone icon change silly. Virtually, no one has a functioning an old school phone like that in their house let alone as a mobile device. The mobile phone icon was fine as it was.

Last edited:

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is another nice shortcut I've noticed, not sure if I'd call it an Easter Egg but close enough.

On V8 you could pull down or right on "Navigation" and it would set the Nav to "Home".

On V9 it does the same thing but defaults to "Work" when you are at home, or based on time (not sure which at this point). Just a nice swipe and you are on your way! Hopefully once calendar integration is up and running fully this will work for the next appointment in your schedule. That would make life easy!
FYI dragging down does the same thing, feels more intuative to do it that way IMO.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also this one might be obvious but you can continue sliding up on volume and it will keep going the length of the screen.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also this one might be obvious but you can continue sliding up on volume and it will keep going the length of the screen.
You can also drag left to reduce the volume. I've found that in order for either to be consistent it helps i if you start by dragging from the up arrow to increase or down arrow (to the left) to decrease volume.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
same works for Temp.. just slide left and right. I find the volume sliding trick has some acceleration in it though and can too easily go to MAX or MIN without intent.

twm01

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is probably just new to me but with the car locked and plugged in rapid pushes on the charge handle button starts the T logo flashing rainbow.
I believe this takes 10 presses on the charging handle.

Firewired

Maybe this is widespread knowledge, but it wasn't for me. I had read in the V 9 release notes about the shortcuts for the application folder, but could not get it to work, and had not seen it shown anywhere It is really useful for quickly opening and closing the rear camera:

You can also use the same up and down swipe on the music app through it's three stops from closed to fully open:

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe this is widespread knowledge, but it wasn't for me. I had read in the V 9 release notes about the shortcuts for the application folder, but could not get it to work, and had not seen it shown anywhere It is really useful for quickly opening and closing the rear camera:

You can also use the same up and down swipe on the music app through it's three stops from closed to fully open:

That shortcut semi-comes in handy. I still wish there was a quicker way to get to phone. It seems each time I flick up to see the phone, the previous thing I was looking at was the energy graph and thus that comes up. As for camera is a permanent icon beneath the car, so I'm not even clear on why it's in the app tray to begin with.

warrior15r

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To quickly switch between overview and detailed view in maps during navigation tap the top of the directions list.
View media item 1019
Anyone know of a way to view "detailed" directions on GUIDANCE mode for navigation? So annoyed it only displays directions only 1 turn ahead now on Guidance mode. I hate having to switch back to TRIP mode in order to view full turn by turn directions.