V9 Feature: Sentry Mode

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@GDN , found it!
Note, I'm talking about parking at work, where I have sentry mode disabled.

I've had this happen when my battery was below 20%. It would say "Sentry mode deactivated due to battery under 20%". Then while charging, once the battery goes above 20%, sentry mode will activate. But if battery is above 20% to begin with, then sentry mode remains off for me. Strange bug.

EDIT - yep, just happened again this morning. Battery was at 19% when I arrived at work and plugged in. I noticed a notification on the Tesla app that Sentry mode was deactivated (even though it always should be at work). When I opened the app, it had charged to 21%, and showed Sentry Mode as being active.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We've got a few Sentry threads, I didn't remember reading it, but glad to know I'm not alone. I will say this was on the beta car too, so wasn't 100% surprised. I need to report the bug.

Have you ever noticed it giving you a really high number of Sentry mode events? I will go pull the drive before I forget and see what was happening on the recordings. I may not want to know however.

SimonMatthews

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is the really interesting part - When I got in the car later to leave it said I have 37 events, yes 37. The ghosts or something/body must have been having a party in the garage last night. Or perhaps another bug and when it reactivated it showed a grand total number of sentry mode events. I haven't pulled the drive yet to see what is recorded.
Mice?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is the really interesting part - When I got in the car later to leave it said I have 37 events, yes 37. The ghosts or something/body must have been having a party in the garage last night. Or perhaps another bug and when it reactivated it showed a grand total number of sentry mode events. I haven't pulled the drive yet to see what is recorded.
last time mine was below 20%, in a retail parking lot with lots of foot traffic, it also showed the events (even though not recorded), but that was directly following getting back in the car with the charge still under 20%.