V3 Supercharger is Now Live

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was supercharging today at a charger that im pretty sure has NOT been upgraded. (Manteca).
I was getting 115KW/450mph tops.

Whats more it was kinda flakey. it would get up pretty high and then drop almost all they way to zero, then gradually go back up. This happened several times
(i was at a pretty low SOC when i pulled into that charger, i was on the yellow light at about 58 miles remaining, so 18% or so?) I'm normally never that low when charging so i was interested in how it was going.

Im running Early Access firmware though so a different version than ive seen mentioned here. (I'm pretty sure i havent gotten V3 yet)
as part of the 12.x FW, most stations show as a max 150kW now (showing up to 500mph), on V2. So think what you saw was the same bump to the existing V2 stations most everyone is seeing.

bernie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Charging now at the factory- I arrived with 39% of the battery and it popped up to 123kw which was pretty cool never saw it go that high with that SOC. And overall much faster charge on up to 90% definitely a line to try the new supercharger! Waited just 8 mins.

Attachments

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Charging now at the factory- I arrived with 39% of the battery and it popped up to 123kw which was pretty cool never saw it go that high with that SOC. And overall much faster charge on up to 90% definitely a line to try the new supercharger! Waited just 8 mins.
Wonder when they will make themselves further east. I want to try!

kcarver

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While on road trip from Phoenix to Palo Alto, made a special trip to v3 supercharger at Fremont factory to see charging at 250kw. Started at 33% but never saw over 120kw and 512 mi/hr. Talked to another person whose been there several times and has not seen either. All stalls were filled and had to wait for few minutes. Seems they may still be dividing charge rates between stalls. I was able to see 596 mi/hr on 150kw v2 charger starting at 40% later in same trip. If making special trip just to see v3 work, I’d suggest checking that there are open stalls so have a chance to see the 250kw.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While on road trip from Phoenix to Palo Alto, made a special trip to v3 supercharger at Fremont factory to see charging at 250kw. Started at 33% but never saw over 120kw and 512 mi/hr. Talked to another person whose been there several times and has not seen either. All stalls were filled and had to wait for few minutes. Seems they may still be dividing charge rates between stalls. I was able to see 596 mi/hr on 150kw v2 charger starting at 40% later in same trip. If making special trip just to see v3 work, I’d suggest checking that there are open stalls so have a chance to see the 250kw.
by 33% it is already starting to taper down. It shows the higher when cars start around 10% or lower

Country
Country
by 33% it is already starting to taper down. It shows the higher when cars start around 10% or lower
Disagree. The V3 profile (2019.20.1 and beyond) has been shown to do over 180kW at 33%. It can still do roughly "150kW at 50%". 120kW at 33% is WAY, WAY low. Something was amiss and it sounds like it was related to the station.

bernie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
60f26191-45f9-4cfb-bfd8-e5fa899e16a4-jpeg.27033
cefbe711-e131-474a-b133-931bab705006-jpeg.27034

Wow got up to 150kw and 640mi/hr!
I was greeted by this sweet little friend at the supercharger in Beatty Nevada charging late at night. Once she realized I had no goodies for her she went on her way.

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

bernie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where was that located?
Was that actually a V3 supercharger, or an updated V2?

I thought V2 was limited to 145kW.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-supercharger-v2-upgrade-145-kw/
Beatty NV, I’ve been getting above 145k several times on my road trip from New Mexico to San Francisco. I’m over 11,000 miles on the car now can I have many occasions where I’ve brought the car back to the supercharger with a very low state of charge under 10%

Country
Country
There is at least one example online of a charge session that shows a constant 150kW. I suspect the line voltage was a little high to allow that. Most 3LR sessions are between 144-147 because the car uses 3-6kW from the 150kW Supercharger output for cooling. The power indication on the charging screen is just power going into the battery not the car.