Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

V10 feature conversation (and speculation)

18K views 121 replies 61 participants last post by  motocoder 
#1 ·
#72 ·
Is there a reason that Tesla is spelling karaoke, caraoke?
If anything Tesla has just proven it is very easy to add new options to the audio source list. Sadly it is a handful of Muzak videos instead of more popular streaming services. Also proof that lack of additions are clearly part of a contract with Slacker. I hope for everyone else's sake* that contract expires soon and more are added, maybe 2020?

*Slacker is actually my favorite and preferred streaming service and has been for many years...

At one point I said I would never buy a car without AndroidAuto. Then the Model 3 came along... I haven't used either CarPlay or AndroidAuto but from what I've read it doesn't sound like the panacea its cracked up to be. The problem with car software is its way behind the times. So the idea of getting updates is important and CarPlay/AA solve that. And Google Maps is the best map program. (Also Waze and maybe someone likes Apple Maps.) But they are adding on whatever the auto manufacturer made so you're dealing with two pieces of software and one of them doesn't get full access to the hardware. I don't think you'll ever get the best possible experience from that. I think it is better if Tesla can A) Keep improving with maps updates that mimics Waze type functionality, and B) Add all of the popular internet radio(Play Music/Youtube music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon Music) through your own account. Maybe someday add an app store like they've talked about.
I think you are on to something there. It's the same reason I never paid extra for navigation in any car...it might be integrated, but when new it is already several years behind phone apps, and continues to get relatively worse as the car ages. Carplay/Android auto allow features to stay up to date and also start much better off than most manufacturers can handle.
But Tesla plays a different game, and updates more often then even the phone services. While they each have a few missing features of others, Tesla is the only one where you can be fine not relying on the phone services. Plus, it's designed for a big screen, not a small one.

#3 ·
Ya, I feel like Tesla Theater is a waste without Superchargers having WiFi.

Doesn't sound like the release notes included any language of the AP and FSD updates which is odd. Thats the functionality we're looking for.

And hopefully the mapping updates are robust, like way points.

Also a dumb pet peeve of mine, I hope they fixed the reindeer in the Santa mode easter egg. They broke it, maybe consciously, with v9

#30 ·
Soo, with all this stuff, they must be making it easier to call someone as well, right?

'Call mom mobile' so it doesn't pause and wait for you to punch a button on the screen?

This seems like the easiest damn software mod. What am I missing?

P.S. Don't call me a momma's boy.
omg, hell to the yes. If I select the same number to dial for the same person 200 times, just use that damn number every time ffs unless I specifically say otherwise.

#8 · (Edited)
Glad to see easier access to phone icon and deleting old Sentry files automatically. The rest, well time will tell. We all want Enhanced Summon.
I saw something a few weeks ago about text message readouts, is it there?

What I really wish for is something I have tweeted about.
Tesla should use the internal camera to recognize when a child has been left behind in vehicle. Then use alarm system and texts/notifications and of course dog mode to save that child's life and notify owners. Too many have died when left in vehicle accidentally due to heat. Tesla could lead the industry with life saving child feature. All the hardware is there, I expect this would take about as much time or less time to code as a game does.

And Tesla would be the choice vehicle of parents with small children.

#59 ·
What I really wish for is something I have tweeted about.
Tesla should use the internal camera to recognize when a child has been left behind in vehicle. Then use alarm system and texts/notifications and of course dog mode to save that child's life and notify owners. Too many have died when left in vehicle accidentally due to heat. Tesla could lead the industry with life saving child feature. All the hardware is there, I expect this would take about as much time or less time to code as a game does.

And Tesla would be the choice vehicle of parents with small children.
Tesla should already be the choice for parents of small children. If I had an infant, I'd just keep Cabin Overheat Protection active at all times. A small hit to range for that peace of mind. 105°F is very uncomfortable but not fatal to an infant. And it works in all Tesla models, not just those with interior cameras.

Should Tesla invest in additional uses of the TM3 internal camera? Sure, and I think forgotten babies would be a great use for it. But maybe it's not getting priority because there's already a minimum viable solution in Cabin Overheat Protection.

#21 ·
What makes you think text messages being integrated are even on the radar? Your wait may be long. I am personally happy and OK if this were to never happen. I've never heard them say this is anywhere in a list of enhancements.

#19 ·
Cuphead, Joe Mode, Tesla Theater with Netflix and Youtube, Hungry/Feeling lucky buttons, GUI animation tweaks... what a total waste of DEV time.

Whatever happened to releases that give practical new features, additional control over car behavior and functions and improved on existing?

The way things are going v11 will bring FB, Instagram and Twitter integration and 500MBs of other useless bloat.
You obviously didn't read the article.

#33 ·
Although the visualization improvements may seem like fluff, I suspect they are making use of some new and significant software underneath (perhaps even HW3 specific?). This might be the first step in gathering data from the larger pool of cars on new neural nets and other parts of the "self-driving" software. At least that's my hope.

The rest of the stuff seems like a nothingburger to me. The small features smell like software releases I have worked on where we gave the customer a bunch of stuff that was easy and quick to code to hold them over until a future, more substantive, release.

And if I'm wrong, on to that big V11 feature: Enhanced Fart Mode.

#51 ·
I would happily trade everything in these release notes for TACC that's finally smooth enough I can use it with my wife in the car.
Or a way to just have 'dumb' cruise control ... I miss the days when my car didn't think it was smarter than me ;)

#42 ·
Made a discovery tonight that I wish I could share :) Let's just say I hope they intentionally leave some loopholes open. Or even capitalize to easily add support for new services
I know you can't say, but I'd guess that as part of the YouTube integration they allowed multimedia in general within the web browser while parked. If that's the case, it would definitely be nice to be able to play any content you want while parked and on WiFi. Also if they can limit media to audio only, then the ability to stream audio while driving would be cool as well, as long as it doesn't stop when you hide the browser.

#43 ·
1. Youtube and Netflix will work for everyone but only though WiFi. (tether or use hotspot like the ones that Tesla will be adding to all superchargers)

2. This is not the feature complete V10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.