HOT V10 feature conversation (and speculation)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

kataleen

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got V10 and among other things I noticed that now, when I go down my driveway (medium incline that levels at the sidewalk), the car becomes hysterical and tells me to stop based on front close range sensors. This never happened before. Anyone else experienced this?

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got V10 and among other things I noticed that now, when I go down my driveway (medium incline that levels at the sidewalk), the car becomes hysterical and tells me to stop based on front close range sensors. This never happened before. Anyone else experienced this?
I have the same style of driveway/sidewalk and mine has always beeped a lot (although part of that is retaining wall/rocks on the sides). Mine doesn't always say stop due to front sensor, but it does frequently. Haven't noticed any difference on V10.

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Am I the only one that is a little meh about v10? When I see the clickbait articles or twitter post about how this is Tesla's biggest release, I cringe. While there are some cool features it in, I think (personally) there is a lot of fluff. Lacks functionality.

I was really excited about Joe Mode, but it doesn't lessen the volume of an Autpolit disengagement.

I'm feeling "Lucky' & "Hungry" seem like tricks. Where is the basic waypoint functionality?

Lots of folks, not myself, were asking for dictation of text messages.

Those seem to have more actual functionality than just a distraction.

Don't get me wrong, I love receiving software updates and I'm grateful to have a car that's able to increase functionality over time. I just wish there was more functionality in this release than entertainment. Entertainment is cool and all, but I (personally) would rather have more functionality.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Am I the only one that is a little meh about v10? When I see the clickbait articles or twitter post about how this is Tesla's biggest release, I cringe. While there are some cool features it in, I think (personally) there is a lot of fluff. Lacks functionality.

I was really excited about Joe Mode, but it doesn't lessen the volume of an Autpolit disengagement.

I'm feeling "Lucky' & "Hungry" seem like tricks. Where is the basic waypoint functionality?

Those seem to have more actual functionality than just a distraction.

Don't get me wrong, I love receiving software updates and I'm grateful to have a car that's able to increase functionality over time. I just wish there was more functionality in this release than entertainment. Entertainment is cool and all, but I (personally) would rather have more functionality.
You're not even close to the only one. Everyone has their own update wish list, and I'm sure it will take years for Tesla to satisfy the majority(although it's also possible, in this ME ME ME culture, that the majority will never be satisfied).

I've come to believe that there are three general camps of update wishlists. First-Entertainment/Gadget updates Second-Functionality/Driving updates Third-I want everything and I want it now. I think you and I are in the second camp and that v10 was aimed at the first.

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I feel like y'all will start to think that I'm ungrateful and all I do is come on here to complain.

That being said...I'm not really impressed with the Spotify integration. It works, but there are two straight forward pieces of functionality that may encourage me to keep using the iOS application.

1. I love that you can listen to music on your computer, pick up your phone, open the app and continue playing where you left off now on your phone. I wish this was possible in the car, and haven't found it to be the case. If I'm listening to a Spotify playlist on my phone before leaving home or the office, I would love for that same track to pick up in the car. Often times I need to reselect the playlist in the car, which isn't quick. Which leads me to #2.
  2. I'm not sure how everything is organized, including the playlists. I wish they had recently played. It's MUCH easier to pick back up with that feature than having to navigate through all the menus.
I swear, I don't always complain. Wish we could get these pieces of feedback in front of the team...

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I feel like y'all will start to think that I'm ungrateful and all I do is come on here to complain.

That being said...I'm not really impressed with the Spotify integration. It works, but there are two straight forward pieces of functionality that may encourage me to keep using the iOS application.

1. I love that you can listen to music on your computer, pick up your phone, open the app and continue playing where you left off now on your phone. I wish this was possible in the car, and haven't found it to be the case. If I'm listening to a Spotify playlist on my phone before leaving home or the office, I would love for that same track to pick up in the car. Often times I need to reselect the playlist in the car, which isn't quick. Which leads me to #2.
  2. I'm not sure how everything is organized, including the playlists. I wish they had recently played. It's MUCH easier to pick back up with that feature than having to navigate through all the menus.
I swear, I don't always complain. Wish we could get these pieces of feedback in front of the team...
.......and in my situation (with this new Spotify setup), I listen to two totally different music genres between the phone versus the car and I have to go airplane mode with the phone or else what's playing in the car takes over my phone.

dburkland

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I agree with the list however I’d like to add to a 3rd feature request which is the ability to set bitrate in the Spotify app. Based on some analysis performed by a few folks online it looks like the bitrate is stuck at 96kbps :/ I’m sure this is done to save bandwidth however I’d be more than happy to pay Tesla $20-30 / mo to coverage the bandwidth costs allowing all software updates over LTE and for the ability to change bitrate on Spotify.

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Text message integration/dictation for me please! I've yet to use theatre, the video games or enhanced summon since the rollout.

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I was kind of wrong. It looks like my most recently played playlist ended up in Tesla's Recent section within the media player. One problem solved!

Mr. Spacely

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe I missed it but how do you search for a new song to play on Spotify (one that was never on a playlist or recently played)? All I see is search by pre-existing artist, song, or playlist. What if I want to search for a new song? Do I have to open my phone and search there?

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm also having quite a few issues with Spotify too. Sounds like maybe this feature was added more last minute and forced into v10.

Numerous times I can't get the song to load and play. See a lot of load errors. Also today the seeking bar (probably the wrong term) was moving on the song, showing that it was playing, but no sound was coming out of the speakers...

BobbyM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe I missed it but how do you search for a new song to play on Spotify (one that was never on a playlist or recently played)? All I see is search by pre-existing artist, song, or playlist. What if I want to search for a new song? Do I have to open my phone and search there?
Try voice command. It worked great for me.