Current v10 Bugs

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We are having problems with the Media icon. For me, it works as intended but for my wife, it is grayed out. Anyone else seeing this type of behavior?

undergrove

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've also found closing out of Netflix difficult as the Tesla control bar hides and I haven't found a fool proof way to get it to reappear.
Touch and hold at the very top of the active screen area for a couple of seconds. The menu appears after you take your finger off. Then quickly press the X on the top right before the menu hides again. This works for me consistently,

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My wife’s iphone key suddenly does not work. This IPhone just updated to IOS 13.1.2 last night. My other iPhones work, one using iOS 13.1.1 and 12.0. This last iphone was added tonight. Could be Apple iOS changes in it’s Bluetooth protocol that Tesla uses.

I’m have Tesla mobile service Friday.

Does anyone running iOS 13.11.2?
I'm on a 13.2 iOS release, and have had no issues now or when on 13.1.x

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We are having problems with the Media icon. For me, it works as intended but for my wife, it is grayed out. Anyone else seeing this type of behavior?
do you mean the 'theater'? it will only work when in Park.
or are you taking about some of the existing audio options we'd already had?

RonAz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My iPhone XR and 32.11.1 seem to have sorted out their differences. For the last two days unlock and lock have been working the way it should. Thanks for the comments.
I hope that my new black very, very, very small Model 3 works as well.

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Our telephone “recents” list no longer updates. The list is a frozen reminder of our calls before V10. I plan to delete and re-add the phone key to see if that solves the problem. We are on 2019.32.12.1 and have been on every V10 release.

We’ve also had intermittent issues with homelink not opening or closing the garage door and profiles not adjusting the seat properly (from Easy Entry to the driver’s profile) when we get into the car. The display shows the name of the driver but the seat stays put. Both issues are easy to correct with a tap of the appropriate option on the screen.

Finally, an annoyance that I can’t remember happening before V10 but may not be new. The fairly new feature where the car detects the phone of the person entering the car on the drivers side and swaps the profile accordingly does change the profile but does not change the phone Bluetooth connection. For example, on Monday Person 1 is driving so his profile is active and Bluetooth connects to his phone. On Tuesday Person 2 takes the wheel and Person 1 is in the passenger seat. The profile automatically changes to Person 2 as expected, but Bluetooth stays connected to Person 1’s phone. Note that this happens every time the driver changes, so I don’t know if it’s related to the issues in the second paragraph.

Nautilus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Finally, an annoyance that I can’t remember happening before V10 but may not be new. The fairly new feature where the car detects the phone of the person entering the car on the drivers side and swaps the profile accordingly does change the profile but does not change the phone Bluetooth connection. For example, on Monday Person 1 is driving so his profile is active and Bluetooth connects to his phone. On Tuesday Person 2 takes the wheel and Person 1 is in the passenger seat. The profile automatically changes to Person 2 as expected, but Bluetooth stays connected to Person 1’s phone. Note that this happens every time the driver changes, so I don’t know if it’s related to the issues in the second paragraph.
This may be by design, rather than a bug.

I know that in our two Chevys (both 2014 models, see signature line), there is a "pecking order" of bluetooth devices that the car will attempt to connect to. If the car notes the presence in the car of Bluetooth Device A at the top of the pecking order, it will connect preferentially to that device, regardless of the other devices detected in the vehicle.

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This may be by design, rather than a bug.

I know that in our two Chevys (both 2014 models, see signature line), there is a "pecking order" of bluetooth devices that the car will attempt to connect to. If the car notes the presence in the car of Bluetooth Device A at the top of the pecking order, it will connect preferentially to that device, regardless of the other devices detected in the vehicle.
True, but I‘m assuming that the Chevys have no way to determine who is in the drivers seat. The pecking order is their only option, as was the case with the Model 3 before a V9 (or thereabouts) update that ties the profiles to phones and recognizes which phone is entering the driver‘s door. With that change, the car now sets the profile (seat and steering wheel position, configuration options etc.) based on the driver. Knowing the driver’s phone also means it can change the Bluetooth connection, but it’s not doing that now. What I can’t swear to is that it was working as I described after the V9 update, but I can’t imagine I wouldn’t have noticed this until now. I believe it worked through all the V9 iterations and broke with V10.

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Our telephone “recents” list no longer updates. The list is a frozen reminder of our calls before V10. I plan to delete and re-add the phone key to see if that solves the problem.
Update after loading 32.12.2 last night: The good news is that Tesla seems to be aware of the issue because the release wiped out all of our existing recents and contacts. A message appears when we open the two tabs: “Preparing to import” “recent calls” or “contacts”. The bad news is that the message and accompanying spinning circle never go away, and neither list is populated. Rebooting (brake and two thumbs) didn’t help. I will submit a bug report.