V10.2 Voice Commands List (So Far, Add Ones You Discover)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Now at 130 commands, 151 submissions!

We've added a link in the app to tweet me at @LifeMiddie for app improvement ideas.

And a new category "Not What I Said", reserved for some strange results that don't quite match the command, like "Lower Driver Side Window". What it actually does (which is cool...), adjusts drivers vent to blow directly on their face.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Cool Tesla Voice Command of the Week, submitted to the Voice Commands List today:

"Google Local Weather" (can be "Search Internet for Local Weather")
  • Starts browser
  • Google searches for "Local Weather"
  • Prompts to allow location
  • Drop the mic, local weather wherever you are!

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
At this point, with the quality of the voice recognition, I don’t know why we can’t create our own trigger word for the listen to passively listen for.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
At this point, with the quality of the voice recognition, I don’t know why we can’t create our own trigger word for the listen to passively listen for.
I'd wonder if it's simply to prevent accidental commands.

With controlling lights, TV, etc at home is one thing.

Controlling a car is quite another.

And... at the point that other commands are allowed, like those that could control car behavior (TACC settings, Autopilot, etc), it's important to use a button to engage.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'd wonder if it's simply to prevent accidental commands.

With controlling lights, TV, etc at home is one thing.

Controlling a car is quite another.

And... at the point that other commands are allowed, like those that could control car behavior (TACC settings, Autopilot, etc), it's important to use a button to engage.
But if one can create their OWN trigger word, the chances of this should be much reduced.. it's not like in the Mercedes where everytime you say "Mercedes" in the car it says "how can I help you". For discrete libraries and listening, coding a users own trigger word is trivial and greatly reduces any false action.

jsmay311

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'm astounded how often saying "Google [something]." gets the "Command not understood" response.

I've been trying and mostly failing to figure out what specific words or phrases causes the car to get confused when asking it to Google something.

Including any numbers in what you say seems to throw it off pretty reliably. (For example: "Google Five Guys hours.") But apart from that, it seems very scattershot.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm astounded how often saying "Google [something]." gets the "Command not understood" response.

I've been trying and mostly failing to figure out what specific words or phrases causes the car to get confused when asking it to Google something.

Including any numbers in what you say seems to throw it off pretty reliably. (For example: "Google Five Guys hours.") But apart from that, it seems very scattershot.
I've found that if you say "Google Search" followed by what you want it works better. The only problem is that the first word of you search is "search" but it still works.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just put this request on Twitter. Established forum members get first divs (gosh, that means you get first chance to volunteer for free...??)

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Time for an update now that the newness of V10.2 Voice Commands has calmed down considerably:

At present, we average over 3,000 users for the mobile app (we peaked at 10,000 a month ago)

Approaching 200 submissions
162 commands, including 23 future commands

Huge thank you's to @TrevP for the video and @Pirin for the amazing app.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We've gained our first international moderator, @TomaGo for the French Tesla Community!

Along with @dromeuf and @Pirin , this dedicated team worked very hard, starting with our 165 command English list, to translate, test, and refine it into a reference list specifically for French!

And of course, thanks to @TrevP in working with us to help us get the word out!

I'll be asking again for moderators for other world areas soon, like Germany, Italy, UK, China, et al! Feel free to start a conversation with me on this forum, DM me on Twitter @LifeMiddie, or email lifewithmiddie@gmail.com if you're interested.

Congratulations French Voice Commands List team!

App: https://vocalestesla.glideapp.io/

List:
Submission Form: https://forms.gle/fFbnXa9vqdS8USW96

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not sure if this has been mentioned but since I got the update To 2020.12.11.1 my voice commands no longer recognize my favorite locations that I’ve saved in the navigation and instead search for actual locations with those words. Prior to, I could say navigate or drive to whatever I labeled a favorite location and it worked. The only ones it works with now are home and work.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
New commands found by our amazing Tesla Owners Community that control Fireplace mode, now puts us at 172 total commands!

I would have add these added a while ago but somebody (me) didn't bother checking for submissions for the last few weeks (oops).

Also, I updated the version list on the submission form and got it all caught up and trimmed off older versions.