HOT V10.2 Voice Commands List (So Far, Add Ones You Discover)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As of tonight, we're at 118 distinct commands.

Add normally not having to say the phrase exactly, and this makes our cars that much more amazing.

Now... if we can get the servers to stay available...

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I understand what you requested, yet I've had other submissions that did include the word "Media".

So, this indicates that word is optional and recognizes other people's submissions.
understood

[unserious suggestion]You could go ahead and change it to [any word] Pause /Resume. "banana pause" and "garsh resume" both work great![/unserious suggestion]

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
understood

[unserious suggestion]You could go ahead and change it to [any word] Pause /Resume. "banana pause" and "garsh resume" both work great![/unserious suggestion]
Love it, nice post! Put a [large] grin on my face.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw a video of a guy saying "My butt is too hot" and it turned the seat heaters down.
"My butt is cold" works, turning up all seat heaters to high.

"My butt is hot" or "My butt is too hot" [currently] says it'll turn down the seat heat but doesn't.

I had it as additional description of "My butt is cold" but I'll add this as a future since it doesn't currently work but is recognized.

Command 120!

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
"My butt is cold" works, turning up all seat heaters to high . . .
I wonder why Tesla chose to turn on all the heaters if I’m the one who’s freezing in my seat. I issued the “My butt is cold” command today while driving alone and it worked as described (all seat heaters turned on to high), but that meant I had to manually turn off four heaters or issue the turn off voice command individually for each of the four other seats. Wouldn’t it make more sense to interpret the command as a request for the driver only? Even if it checked for an occupant before turning on the corresponding seat heater, there’s no way of knowing beforehand if that occupant‘s butt is cold. Anyone who has driven with passengers knows that there’s never a consensus on butt temperature.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's not yet a command to turn off/on ambient lights like in the footwell. When I tried "turn on ambient lights" the dome lights came on.
And it's commands like that I don't include in the official list, doesn't do what we expect.

Maybe I should add it to the "Future" category, I'll keep that in mind.

My voice commands still barley work, anyone else?
Seems we're still encountering some issues with server response.

Just today have had to repeat commands several times.

And, maybe a bug too as I've had commands acknowledged without the command being carried out.

Last edited:

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
NEW VIDEO - Tesla Voice Commands Web App
See all of the voice commands discovered so far in a free and easy to use web app on any phone!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I only tried a couple of iterations, but I'm surprised we don't have or haven't found a way to change stereo inputs from streaming to bluetooth to FM. Have I missed it? I don't see them, maybe I'm just being blind.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I only tried a couple of iterations, but I'm surprised we don't have or haven't found a way to change stereo inputs from streaming to bluetooth to FM. Have I missed it? I don't see them, maybe I'm just being blind.
Yep, I've been trying to find some in that regard as well and am striking out.

Maybe we can put more focus on it as a group and our attempts being seen by Tesla to improve the AI.

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it more crazy that Tesla expects us to discover the available voice commands by haphazardly guessing what they might be, or that we accept the need to do so as reasonable?

I wonder if they intentionally did not publish the list of commands to avoid overload on the servers in the early stages of the release and the plan backfired.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it more crazy that Tesla expects us to discover the available voice commands by haphazardly guessing what they might be, or that we accept the need to do so as reasonable?

I wonder if they intentionally did not publish the list of commands to avoid overload on the servers in the early stages of the release and the plan backfired.
The plan went wrong when a few hundred of us started trying to discover all the voice commands to fill in someone's spreadsheet of commands...

Then add hundreds of thousands of cars of people who were trying to find them on their own...

Oops

jsmay311

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Kinda dumbfounded that "Turn on rear camera" is not understood by the car. Gotta say "Show rear camera" instead.

Also, disappointed that "mute navigation" cancels navigation instead of simply muting the voice. Having to tap multiple small buttons on the screen to mute/unmute the nav voice directions is a significant flaw in the UI (IMO), and allowing voice commands to mute/unmute would at least be a workaround.