HOT V10.2 Voice Commands List (So Far, Add Ones You Discover)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Pirin

Country
Country
Dang, that's something I would have never dreamed would happen.

AND... I better not change the format now, it's a poor man's API!
Yes, poor man's API indeed!!! I thought it may break, just did not expect it to be so soon (in this case the Sheet in google sheets got renamed). This is now fixed and we are working out a way to prevent it from happening in the future.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As of this morning, I eliminated a few close "duplicates" and added a number of new ones (someone had a bunch of submissions, thanks to whoever did that!!).

Now... 101 commands, not including duplicates and similar commands.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I eliminated a few close "duplicates"
It would be nice if there was a way to capture more information about these "duplicates", to better understand the various ways one can accomplish a particular task.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It would be nice if there was a way to capture more information about these "duplicates", to better understand the various ways one can accomplish a particular task.
Currently, they're in a separate column "Similar Commands".

In the Mobile app, these are displayed like this:

screenshot-67-png.31480

I'm open to options in the spreadsheet, yet @Pirin and I are now working together, and I've already AGAIN broken the app with my latest changes :oops:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
not sure if there's any easy way to grab this with the utility @Pirin put together, but I'd like to see the various "not yet available" options separated out into their own section. Obviously, just reassigning them to a 'future' category would do that, but then when they do become available (assuming they actually will), they would have to manually be re-assigned to their proper place.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
not sure if there's any easy way to grab this with the utility @Pirin put together, but I'd like to see the various "not yet available" options separated out into their own section. Obviously, just reassigning them to a 'future' category would do that, but then when they do become available (assuming they actually will), they would have to manually be re-assigned to their proper place.
Nice Idea!

There are a number of commands that fall under the "Recognized But Not Yet Implemented" category, and "Future" is a nice short way to say that!

We can add additional categories without breaking the app.

It's the other "duh, I'm a programmer, I know not to change" things like headers, sheet names, number of rows at the top to skip before looking for the headers, etc

Pirin

Country
Country
I made a small change (.... enhancement???) so now, on the Categories tab, we show the number of commands in each category.
As I was playing with the formulas I may have temporarily "broken" things, but now all should be working.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good to hear.

Funny thing... I update submissions a few times a day, not immediately.

Seems I need to add a line for "updated morning, noon, and night"

Also, as I'm validating the commands and only have Middie, I'd need someone with an S or X to provide that additional validation for those cars.

I know there's already a command for S/X that of course doesn't work on Model 3... Turn On/Off Steering Wheel Heat
I need to give you a huge thank you for your quickie app that puts the commands on my phone. I take back what I said earlier about the commands being intuitive. With the issue of not having most of my commands even being recognized ("Try call Palo Alto ") I have often given up trying to guess the right keyword to identify an action. Again, thanks for the "Tesla Voice Commands" App. To all: https://teslavoice.glideapp.io to download the app. (From the spreadsheet)

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Does the “bug report” voice commands still work?
Yesterday, mine would not until a twin scroll wheel reset was done.

And today, about 30% of the time, I had to give any verbal command twice.

The first of two times would be the "green around the mic but deaf to any voice inputs" routine

After the "wake up" attempt, I would swipe that card down and start the second attempt, which would be successful about 90% of the time.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I need to give you a huge thank you for your quickie app that puts the commands on my phone. I take back what I said earlier about the commands being intuitive. With the issue of not having most of my commands even being recognized ("Try call Palo Alto ") I have often given up trying to guess the right keyword to identify an action. Again, thanks for the "Tesla Voice Commands" App. To all: https://teslavoice.glideapp.io to download the app. (From the spreadsheet)
All that thanks should go to @Pirin , he did all that work on his own, I didn't even know until someone told me about it.

Since then, we're now collaborating, like tonight's update with new categories "Future" and "Model S and X Only".

Glad others like you are getting value out of it, I started it very selfishly... I wanted a list and figured our Tesla Community could crowd source it faster than I could!

And tonight, we have 103 commands, Amazing!

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
@littlD - The command entry form doesn't have a field for Category so I entered: Voice Command Text as "Media - Pause/Resume". I guess that was incorrect because the Media category in the app lists the "Media - " part unnecessarily.

Thanks for making this list happen!

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
@littlD - The command entry form doesn't have a field for Category so I entered: Voice Command Text as "Media - Pause/Resume". I guess that was incorrect because the Media category in the app lists the "Media - " part unnecessarily.
Sorry, I still didn't make it clear. I see you changed it to "[Media] Pause/Resume". It just needs to say "Pause/Resume". There is no need to say Media or anything else prior to saying "Pause" or "Resume"

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry, I still didn't make it clear. I see you changed it to "[Media] Pause/Resume". It just needs to say "Pause/Resume". There is no need to say Media or anything else prior to saying "Pause" or "Resume"
I understand what you requested, yet I've had other submissions that did include the word "Media".

So, this indicates that word is optional and recognizes other people's submissions.