Question Utility Rate Plans

Jeda - Top Tesla Accessories

Gwgans

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Anyone using the new rate plan TOU scheduler?

Anyone have the Powerwall Firmware 21.39 yet?

Bigriver

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I’ve just started using the TOU schedule this month, as my utility is probably the last in the universe to finally roll out a TOU option. My Powerwalls are on 21.35.

Gwgans

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Simple Time-based Controls in settings or new Utility Rate Plans in the app?

Bigriver

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Simple Time-based Controls in settings or new Utility Rate Plans in the app?
I only have the time-based controls available right now. I’ve now seen the link in your OP that another option with more control is coming.

samsonusmc

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
was upgraded to 21.35.3 (from 20.35.0) today and still no advanced TOU or Utility Rate controls. Hopefully soon

samsonusmc

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
was upgraded to 21.35.3 (from 20.35.0) today and still no advanced TOU or Utility Rate controls. Hopefully soon
UPDATE: last night I opened the app to see the new Utility Rate plans. I was able to "Start Over" since the original TOU Plan was migrated to "Tesla_TOU" and I was able to select my Utility here in FL (FPL) and the TOU Rate I was signed up for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-074826.png
    Screenshot_20211109-074826.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Gwgans

Gwgans

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Sorry I did not come back to update. Got the utility option after the time change. Two peak periods on weekdays has been working perfectly.

TomF

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Hey everyone, new user here. I've had my 2 Powerwall 2s since December 2017. I apparently got updated to the latest version of the Tesla app (21.35.3) and I noticed the new TOU scheduling.

I'm in San Diego and the app had SDG&E plan DR-SES, similar to my SDG&E DRSES-G-Residential, but I had to modify it quite a bit. It had 3 seasons, we only have 2, and I had to move the sliders around and add and delete time periods, but finally got it to match my time of use periods. I noticed that each season has a Cost of Electricity section and I'm not sure where I find all of the necessary info. BTW, I believe that the "G" in my rate stands for "grandfathered".

I looked at my latest bill and found the rate/kWh for summer mid-peak and off-peak, and winter off-peak, but since I overgenerate during peak sun hours, the rate for summer on-peak and winter mid-peak, the rate is shown as $0. Also, my bill doesn't show the "sell" price although I wouldn't expect it to.

Anyone an SDG&E customer and knows where I can find the rate/kWh for the DR-SES-G TOU plan?