Used Teslas Not Available?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand excitement is abound with Model 3 invitations going out to non-employees, but I still like to check on the Used Tesla inventory to see what options may be available.

Just checked and there is only one Model S listed on Tesla.com under Used Inventory. EV-CPO.com only has 15 total used Teslas listed. Not sure what is going on or if used Tesla inventory is really drying up, but thought it was worth sharing.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand excitement is abound with Model 3 invitations going out to non-employees, but I still like to check on the Used Tesla inventory to see what options may be available.

Just checked and there is only one Model S listed on Tesla.com under Used Inventory. EV-CPO.com only has 15 total used Teslas listed. Not sure what is going on or if used Tesla inventory is really drying up, but thought it was worth sharing.
Tesla's site filters CPOs by your location, it doesn't show all available.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Clearing the way for Model 3 or bust!

Probably a lot of people that thought the Federal Tax Credit going away is a sure thing so buying used wasn’t going to cost them $7,500...

mtdoak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There was a flood to the market in July of the "limited warranty" used Tesla's (with over 50k miles) and I think they may "cleared" the backlog. I am very curious if they are holding back some inventory to see if the fed rebate goes away. The inventory seems to have dropped quite a bit since the tax bill came out.

I'd imagine its harder to sell a 2015 for $68,000 when a people can get a new one for $70k after the rebate.

Country
Country
I've been following the CPO's super closely over the past 2 months, and inventory has never been this low. In early Oct, they would add 3-4 cars per day. For the month of Nov, it has been more like 4-5 cars per week. I've heard that they are moving a lot more to auction, and reserving the rest. My personal thought is that they want to free up space for Model 3 deliveries (auctioning more) and holding back more cars (to use as loaners at the SC's). There should be bunches of 2014's coming in now as lease returns, and none are hitting CPO listings.

SolarPro

Country
Country
I've been following the CPO's super closely over the past 2 months, and inventory has never been this low. In early Oct, they would add 3-4 cars per day. For the month of Nov, it has been more like 4-5 cars per week. I've heard that they are moving a lot more to auction, and reserving the rest. My personal thought is that they want to free up space for Model 3 deliveries (auctioning more) and holding back more cars (to use as loaners at the SC's). There should be bunches of 2014's coming in now as lease returns, and none are hitting CPO listings.
How do you find these auctions? $60k going once, sold! Ah thank you very much.

VATesla4Me

Country
Country
Watching Tesla's in other venues (CarMax, CarFax, ...) and there are a good number here. So this is result of auctioning vehicles or owners looking to sell them versus taking the buy back offer from Tesla. Looking at CarFax you can get a pretty good view on number of owners and the such with subscription (which I do not have), which could provide insights in to buy backs/ auctions. Still very interesting at how low the Used inventory is running at the moment.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Watching EV-CPO the number of available Model S used vehicles are going fast - down over 100 since Tuesday in listed entries.
They seem to time this with bad news where Model 3 production is behind what’s expected and the CPO sales surge.

VATesla4Me

Country
Country
I could see this as possibly the case. However they basically had next to no CPO model S's in inventory until just after the new year. I was basically thinking they either pulled these or held them to help drive new car sales to meet S & X numbers. Now there is a extreme lack of new inventory and the CPO popped. It is relatively reasonable that they could be selling 20 or so CPO today across the US especially given many are close to the price range of a 3. Anyways just a curiosity at this point until we see financial data.