Used Model 3 Pricing

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone want to take a guess at how much the early Model 3's will be listed for on Ebay? I've got a reservation and am not interested at being on either side of that but this seems like the perfect storm for some high prices the first few months.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone want to take a guess at how much the early Model 3's will be listed for on Ebay? I've got a reservation and am not interested at being on either side of that but this seems like the perfect storm for some high prices the first few months.
I would guess that ask will be much higher than list and some might end up getting picked up at cost plus 5%... guessing that folks will realize that buying their Tesla from a third party makes it ineligible for the Federal and most State rebates (in the US).

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh there will be some scalpers for sure on eBay. I'll be interested to see how much they will try and ask. Moot point if production indeed ramps up fast as there will be a very tiny window for someone to try and make a fast buck

Randy

I was reading on the Canadian incentive website that to qualify for the rebate must have the vehicle for three years.
I guess that the government will not have a hard time tracking down those that buy and sell quickly .My thought /Hope is that the rebate comes rather quick
Randy

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was reading on the Canadian incentive website that to qualify for the rebate must have the vehicle for three years.
I guess that the government will not have a hard time tracking down those that buy and sell quickly .My thought /Hope is that the rebate comes rather quick
Randy
Untrue. For LEASES you must have a minimum 3 years lease to obtain the FULL incentive. They're lower if you have 1 or 2 year leases. Purchases get the full amount.