Used Chevy Bolts as low as $14k

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

$ Trillion Musk

Buy $XRP. Hodl it for life.
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Looks really tempting!

However, I’ve already been burned TWICE for not getting a Tesla.

My 2012 Ford Focus EV, which recently got a brand new battery makeover after the original pack died, is now back at the dealership service center after I could no longer start the car with the new pack.

I made a promise to myself not to buy any other brand but a Tesla from now on. Otherwise, it’s too risky.

IMHO other car companies don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to EVs.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks really tempting!

However, I’ve already been burned TWICE for not getting a Tesla.

My 2012 Ford Focus EV, which recently got a brand new battery makeover after the original pack died, is now back at the dealership service center after I could no longer start the car with the new pack.

I made a promise to myself not to buy any other brand but a Tesla from now on. Otherwise, it’s too risky.

IMHO other car companies don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to EVs.
I don't know why but I find it gratuitously funny that Tesla is the LOW RISK EV of choice among us nerds. <3

Frully

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
They’ve proven themselves, whereas others have had dead batteries.
Don't get me wrong. I agree wholeheartedly and need to look no further for evidence. Just compared to what the FUD and lots of public opinion thinks... the too-big-to-fail auto industry sucks so hard at innovating EV when a plucky little tech startup is absolutely dominating (granted, with their own hiccups)

$ Trillion Musk

Buy $XRP. Hodl it for life.
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
My Ford is so fragile that I could swear that the batteries are made of paper. They’re that bad and such a headache! It took 3 months before I got my car back. Tesla issues, however bad they may be, are still no match compared to Ford’s inferior powertrains and drivetrains.

With a Tesla, you’re left wondering whether the car will drive itself tomorrow. With a Ford, you’re left wondering whether the car will be driveable tomorrow. :rolleyes:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't know why but I find it gratuitously funny that Tesla is the LOW RISK EV of choice among us nerds. <3
Yep.

Nissan lost my confidence due to their ridiculous battery degradation. About half capacity after 6 years.

I have to admit, I chuckle a little when a member here starts worrying about a 3% loss in battery capacity.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
They’ve proven themselves, whereas others have had dead batteries.
Ive not paid attention to the Bolt news, but haven't specifically heard anything bad regarding their batteries (yet). has there been significant degradation being reported? their earliest ones should be nearly 3 years old now.
(wonder if those low priced ones were lease returns...)

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ive not paid attention to the Bolt news, but haven't specifically heard anything bad regarding their batteries (yet). has there been significant degradation being reported? their earliest ones should be nearly 3 years old now.
(wonder if those low priced ones were lease returns...)
I was speaking more to earlier EVs and hybrids.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ive not paid attention to the Bolt news, but haven't specifically heard anything bad regarding their batteries (yet).
Nope.

Additionally, the Volt has a reputation of protecting the battery very well, and they tend to have very little battery degradation. So I would be inclined to trust Chevy to potentially get that aspect right on the Bolt as well.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
From a Bolt owner. Looks like Bolts are doing much better than Leafs and Focus EVs.

https://www.torquenews.com/7893/after-almost-3-years-road-how-reliable-chevy-bolt-ev

Need to give LG... I mean Chevy... credit where credit is due.
but that article does end with:
Battery degradation is by its very nature a long-term concern and it really is too early to say for certain that the Chevy Bolt EV’s reliability in this area is assured...

In summary, the Chevy Bolt EV has had its share of early battery teething problems specific to electric vehicles, as well as minor quibbles that would affect any vehicle, whether electric or combustion engine.