USA Mobile Contracts

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hey,

I will be visiting the states for vacation in august and my mobile phone contractor charges a huge fee for roaming in the US. Does anybody know if it is possible to just get a local prepaid sim to use during my vacation with a decent amount of data?

BR
Stephan

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey,

I will be visiting the states for vacation in august and my mobile phone contractor charges a huge fee for roaming in the US. Does anybody know if it is possible to just get a local prepaid sim to use during my vacation with a decent amount of data?

BR
Stephan
To be honest I don't know much about this other than to say a simple yes. You can definitely get prepaid cards.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're coming from Europe, you'll probably want to go with a service that runs on the T-Mobile network. I believe most of their frequencies match European service frequencies, so you can continue to use your phone. AT&T might work too.

If you go with a service on Verizon or Sprint, I don't think the SIMs will work in your phone. At least, that used to be the case. Perhaps things are better now.

Here's T-Mobile's prepaid page:
https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/
These prices seem high to me, but I'm on a post-paid family plan. I currently pay about $160/month for 7 lines with unlimited everything.

Last edited:

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
If you're coming from Europe, you'll probably want to go with a service that runs on the T-Mobile network. I believe most of their frequencies match European service frequencies, so you can continue to use your phone. AT&T might work too.

If you go with a service on Verizon or Sprint, I don't think the SIMs will work in your phone. At least, that used to be the case. Perhaps things are better now.

Here's T-Mobile's prepaid page:
https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/
These prices seem high to me, but I'm on a post-paid family plan. I currently pay about $160/month for 7 lines with unlimited everything.
Thanks for the info. Well even if they seem high its better than my 750MB roaming data plan for 200€ :D

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thanks for the info. Well even if they seem high its better than my 750MB roaming data plan for 200€ :D
In der VS jetzt. Meine Tochter hat eine ATT SIM Karte für Ihre iPhone gekauft - $50 für ein Monat - unbegrenzt lokale SMS und Anrufe, 6 GB data für Internet Access... ;)