USA Mobile Contracts

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hey,

I will be visiting the states for vacation in august and my mobile phone contractor charges a huge fee for roaming in the US. Does anybody know if it is possible to just get a local prepaid sim to use during my vacation with a decent amount of data?

BR
Stephan

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey,

I will be visiting the states for vacation in august and my mobile phone contractor charges a huge fee for roaming in the US. Does anybody know if it is possible to just get a local prepaid sim to use during my vacation with a decent amount of data?

BR
Stephan
To be honest I don't know much about this other than to say a simple yes. You can definitely get prepaid cards.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're coming from Europe, you'll probably want to go with a service that runs on the T-Mobile network. I believe most of their frequencies match European service frequencies, so you can continue to use your phone. AT&T might work too.

If you go with a service on Verizon or Sprint, I don't think the SIMs will work in your phone. At least, that used to be the case. Perhaps things are better now.

Here's T-Mobile's prepaid page:
https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/
These prices seem high to me, but I'm on a post-paid family plan. I currently pay about $160/month for 7 lines with unlimited everything.

Last edited:

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
If you're coming from Europe, you'll probably want to go with a service that runs on the T-Mobile network. I believe most of their frequencies match European service frequencies, so you can continue to use your phone. AT&T might work too.

If you go with a service on Verizon or Sprint, I don't think the SIMs will work in your phone. At least, that used to be the case. Perhaps things are better now.

Here's T-Mobile's prepaid page:
https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/
These prices seem high to me, but I'm on a post-paid family plan. I currently pay about $160/month for 7 lines with unlimited everything.
Thanks for the info. Well even if they seem high its better than my 750MB roaming data plan for 200€ :D

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thanks for the info. Well even if they seem high its better than my 750MB roaming data plan for 200€ :D
In der VS jetzt. Meine Tochter hat eine ATT SIM Karte für Ihre iPhone gekauft - $50 für ein Monat - unbegrenzt lokale SMS und Anrufe, 6 GB data für Internet Access... ;)