US East Coast Non-Employee Invite

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I'm an existing Tesla owner and placed my order 3/31/16 early in the line. Just got my invite to configure/order today. They're promising 4-week delivery timeline.

I'm not ordering as I want AWD. So it will likely sit for 6-8 months.

Figured people would be interested in the timing etc.

tesla-invite-to-configure-20180105-jpg.4784

Shogun

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does this mean that Tesla is done with Employee and Owner orders in the Pacific, Mountain and Central Time Zones?o_O Seems like I'm missing something here.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does this mean that Tesla is done with Employee and Owner orders in the Pacific, Mountain and Central Time Zones?
I don't think it means that they're completely done. Just that they've handled the majority.

Don't view the "employees first, then owners, then others" thing as a hard-and-fast rule. It's just a guideline for how the deliveries will generally proceed. There will be other factors in play as well.

ac52

Country
Country
I don't think it means that they're completely done. Just that they've handled the majority.

Don't view the "employees first, then owners, then others" thing as a hard-and-fast rule. It's just a guideline for how the deliveries will generally proceed. There will be other factors in play as well.
Last time I was at my local gallery they made it seem like like delivery order was employees, day one owners, day one non-owners, all other owners and then all other non-owners. I don’t know how true that order is.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is the Model 3 distribution pattern we have observed so far from the spreadsheet

July-October - Deliveries to employees/family in entire US (no regional preferences)
November - Owners in California who reserved on 3/31 in store
December - add owners in California who reserved on 3/31 online
January - add owners in the rest of the US who reserved on 3/31 (no regional preferences, no west to east transition)
Also, some cases of 4/1 reservation invites were reported.
Tesla did not wait for any group to complete delivery before adding the subsequent groups so there is considerable overlap of the groups.

AllaninAtlanta

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I am certain that part of the delivery roll out will have to do with capacity in various cities. For example the OP is in Boston and perhaps they have some capacity to make deliveries there so he gets his invite before say someone in CA (with an otherwise similar profile) where they are clearly very busy. I'm a day-1 East coast non-owner line waiter reservationist and I'm oping I don't have to wait for everyone west of me to get their cars first...

NJ3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I am certain that part of the delivery roll out will have to do with capacity in various cities. For example the OP is in Boston and perhaps they have some capacity to make deliveries there so he gets his invite before say someone in CA (with an otherwise similar profile) where they are clearly very busy. I'm a day-1 East coast non-owner line waiter reservationist and I'm oping I don't have to wait for everyone west of me to get their cars first...
Interesting thoughts. I am a GA owner with delivery dates of Dec - Feb. Hope to receive my invite in a few weeks.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Simply loading hundreds of cars onto trucks or trains and shipping them several days across the country will significantly increase their post-production storage capacity. Once they cross the threshold of saturating their California delivery rate capacity, they need to start distributing to further distances to avoid slowing down production. This is good news for everyone.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I'm an existing Tesla owner and placed my order 4/1/16 late afternoon in store. Just got my invite to configure/order 1-4. Placed order. Due in 4-weeks
Nice! I wonder if this implies a large number of early reservations are waiting on more features (AWD, white interior, etc)?

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Nice! I wonder if this implies a large number of early reservations are waiting on more features (AWD, white interior, etc)?
I would bet so. Also small battery since they already have the road trip car since they are previous owners.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Still no invites since Jan. 4th ANYWHERE it seems. None on this forum, none in the tracking spreadsheet, none in FB Model 3 groups.... Maybe 1/18 we'll see a big batch? If not, something's gone wrong again :(

LV Acrobat

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Still no invites since Jan. 4th ANYWHERE it seems. None on this forum, none in the tracking spreadsheet, none in FB Model 3 groups.... Maybe 1/18 we'll see a big batch? If not, something's gone wrong again :(
I would agree, If no new invites this week across known platforms we have hit a slowdown. Slowdown could just mean they are figuring out SR production line, not something negative like a bottle neck. But this week will be telling.

tonymil

Country
Country
I'm starting to wonder if that claim of producing 1,000 a week was BS. I hope not, that would be terrible news not just for those of us waiting for our 3, but even worse for Tesla itself. Lying to shareholders is a dangerous thing to do.