Updating order to performance with referral?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Put in an order on 9/1 for a white/White dual motor with EAP, but now I’m tempted to change it to performance model for the unlimited supercharging and sooner delivery date.

What would be the best way to edit my order? Change to performance and then call to apply a referral code? Or just call to get everything updated?

Thanks!

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I would probably call and do it all in one shot to make sure it gets added properly. They seem to be all over the map when it comes to changes and processes. Calling would ensure that they won't say sorry too late you already ordered and can't add the code. It would save possibly having to call 5 times until you get someone that will let you add it.

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
By the way, go for it!!!! You won't be disappointed in your decision! It's a rocket!!!!!! My buddy has a Challenger and took the P3+ for a ride yesterday. I could see both his and his buddy's pearly whites from the end of my driveway when they pulled back in!! Ha Ha! He got out just shaking his head and had the Tesla Grin!!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Put in an order on 9/1 for a white/White dual motor with EAP, but now I’m tempted to change it to performance model for the unlimited supercharging and sooner delivery date.

What would be the best way to edit my order? Change to performance and then call to apply a referral code? Or just call to get everything updated?

Thanks!
I don’t want to talk you out of it, but if you’re just switching for supercharging it may not be worth it. Unless you’re doing major commutes daily or frequent road trips the free supercharging won’t make up for the $10k+ price difference.

KenF

Country
Country
At current rates, supercharging is inexpensive, so you would have to regularly travel long distances to recoup more than a few hundred dollars per year.

Some Dragy performance measurements that may inform your decision (thanks Adam3):

RWD:
0-10: 0.75s
0-20: 1.58s
0-30: 2.41s
0-40: 3.26s
0-50: 4.18s
0-60: 5.35s

AWD:
0-10: 0.81s
0-20: 1.49s
0-30: 2.19s
0-40: 2.91s
0-50: 3.70s
0-60: 4.67s

PERF:
0-10: 0.49s
0-20: 1.06s
0-30: 1.61s
0-40: 2.18s
0-50: 2.78s
0-60: 3.50s

systemBuilder

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Edit your order using the VIN-hack. First, log into your account, then go to this (change the x's) url:

http://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx

I got a P3D+, but I had my reasons and I did it BEFORE the supercharging deal - - -
  1. I thought my reservation was for a $35k car but after 2y waiting and our cars failing, we decided to upgrade to an LR car.
  2. I never had a fast car. My fastest car ever did 0-60 in 8.5s. My first; 11.25s (civic '85 sedan).
  3. Model 3 is a sweet car but the P3D+ is a STEAL. Like the P100D, there is *nothing* with these specs at these prices, and NOTHING with this fuel economy, performance, safety, ANYWHERE.
  4. Detroit (AND Germany) deserves everybody's middle finger. Detroit has had too much impact on American life:
    Muscle Cars(60s)! Oil Crisis! Econoboxes! SUVs! Oil War(1990)! Oil Glut! SUVs! Oil War! SUVs! Peak Oil! Econoboxes! Fracking! SUVs!
  5. WE ALL KNOW THAT WAR COMES NEXT - FRACK THAT - SO LONG DETROIT AND THANKS FOR ALL THE WARS AND 9/11 !!!
  6. Tesla is our best chance for the American auto industry to be reborn; it's been in decline for my entire 56-yr lifetime; One third of my reason to upgrade was to support Tesla's mission to a larger degree.
I plan to get a white racing stripe like a high school kids and make my Model 3 look like a Mustang. :)

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Thanks for all the replies. To be honest I was really wanting the performance model all along, but convinced myself the $10k wasn't worth it. After a couple of nights the car enthusiast in me won :) My plan is that this will be the first car that I do not do any performance modifications to, so might as well just get that fast one out of the box.

The other big factor is I'm hoping this guarantees delivery this year to qualify for the tax credit. Hard to pass up free money! Supercharging is just icing on the cake.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Just an update. I did not have an edit button so I called on Tuesday to change my order. On the phone they sent an email where I put my RN and request to add performance and they confirmed receipt on the phone. The rep then had to send a message to the ordering dept.

The rep said she couldn’t handle the referral and that I had to send a separate email for referral to the referral dept. I sent an email and haven’t heard a response.

Still no update on the website reflecting my change. I completed all the information steps and on the page where it asks me to confirm all the info I marked “no” in the section with the price and put a note that I called/emailed on performance and it isn’t reflected in the price. There’s a note on the site now saying someone will reach out to me.

Reading other threads it looks like sometimes the site never updates and some people saw their “order date” changed to when the order depot finally got around to processing the email. Hoping this doesn’t delay my order too much.

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I emailed the referral department to add my referral to our P3. It took 3 weeks for them to get back to me but they did add it for me! It was actually after we picked it up and they still added it.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
By the way, go for it!!!! You won't be disappointed in your decision! It's a rocket!!!!!! My buddy has a Challenger and took the P3+ for a ride yesterday. I could see both his and his buddy's pearly whites from the end of my driveway when they pulled back in!! Ha Ha! He got out just shaking his head and had the Tesla Grin!!
Time to change your avatar Justin ;)

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Interesting turn of events.

- Ordered 9/1.
- Called to update to performance on 9/4
- Got a text today, 9/6, ready to deliver to my house on 9/17!
- when I texted SA back it was for a non performance but she saw the modify case was opened today :(
- emailed her to confirm referral and she applied to my order
- now waiting for an update on the Performance model!