Updated Configuration Screens w. Dual Motor & Performance Options

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

thredge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
2. Color & Wheels

Once you've picked Performance, you have the option of 18" Aeros or 20" Sport.
I was all set to pick the Aeros, but you get charged the same price for either choice!
So... I picked the 20" Sport.

That is interesting on the wheels. Some people might have jumped at saving some money if they could have by getting the aero wheels, and gotten something aftermarket more unique.

I was surprised though, that with upgraded breaks, an 18in. wheel would still fit with 20in. wheels being the default size. Although I keep seeing people throw around the idea the P model is getting race brakes, but haven't seen any support in tweets or the configuration screens yet. Does the P100D (Model S) actually get race breaks or are they just red painted calipers with no other changes?

JeopardE

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1. Battery & Drivetrain

Standard Battery is still greyed out, but has a price now.
Performance comes under "Battery", for whatever reason.

Seems to confirm my suspicion that the performance model has a bigger battery than the 75kWh in LR. I don't see how they would otherwise be able to claim the same 310 mile range with 20” wheels or get that much more power to the wheels.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I got an invite in March and I've been waiting for the AWD. I see the new config just like the screens posted here, but I can't choose AWD and complete the order. Did you also get a second invite to configure? I was a day one line waiter, but I'm sure previous owners are in front of me. I'm estimating August to September for delivery. Anyone else seeing AWD not enabled yet?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is interesting on the wheels. Some people might have jumped at saving some money if they could have by getting the aero wheels, and gotten something aftermarket more unique.
That was going to be my plan. I was going to use the Aeros for winter tires, and get a staggered set of 18s for summer. But I couldn't justify not getting the 20" Sports if I had to pay the same price either way.
Although I keep seeing people throw around the idea the P model is getting race brakes, but haven't seen any support in tweets or the configuration screens yet. Does the P100D (Model S) actually get race breaks or are they just red painted calipers with no other changes?
The S actually gets upgraded Brembos on the P100D. I think the "upgraded brakes" rumor is based upon the Franz's car, which also has a carbon-fiber spoiler and 20" Sport wheels. You are correct - I haven't seen any actual announcement or tweet about it.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-dual-motor-awd-performance-price-specifications/
@garsh Is the color of brake caliper changed to red?
Nothing confirmed about the brakes yet.
No surprise here. The only reason for 18" Aeros to be on this screen is to claim 310 miles range.
Maybe. But the 20" Sport wheels are still only 8.5" wide. That's the same width as the 19" Sport wheels, and the same width as the 18" Aeros. So it probably won't be too much worse in the range department.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got an invite in March and I've been waiting for the AWD. I see the new config just like the screens posted here, but I can't choose AWD and complete the order. Did you also get a second invite to configure? I was a day one line waiter, but I'm sure previous owners are in front of me. I'm estimating August to September for delivery. Anyone else seeing AWD not enabled yet?
I did receive an email. It was after I had completed ordering though.
I am also a day-one line-waiter, non-owner. I was only about 10th in my line though, so ordered 11 minutes after the store opened.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/ive-changed-my-mind-first-production.5958/page-5#post-76252

Mesprit87

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same here, yesterday my configurator went dead even for the rwd model, today it's back but the awd is still shaded.
I guess they'll run the list from the top down again for the awd version which is just fair.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Same here, yesterday my configurator went dead even for the rwd model, today it's back but the awd is still shaded.
I guess they'll run the list from the top down again for the awd version which is just fair.
I’m not so sure of what order they are going in. I’m a Tesla owner and got my invite to configure in January but have not done so. The AWD option is currently grayed out for me too. I am a 4/2/2016 reservationist. I definitely wanted to wait for AWD and have toyed with holding out for the standard range battery, and not sure how my most recent “what are you waiting for” radial buttons were toggled. So either how those questions were answered mattered, or they are giving reservation order priority over Tesla owner status.