Unplugged Performance Front Spoiler installed photos and video

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

KaJu74

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Hi

I live in Germany.
Nevertheless I ordered the Front-Lip-Spoiler for my Model 3 from Unplugged Performance.

When I unpacked it, but soon came disillusionment.

He was scratched.
The mounting holes show traces of movement of the retaining pins.

I wrote several times to unplugged performance, but never received an answer.

Is that normal for those?
Am very disappointed!

Greetings from Germany

KaJu

Cookiebob

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi

I live in Germany.
Nevertheless I ordered the Front-Lip-Spoiler for my Model 3 from Unplugged Performance.

When I unpacked it, but soon came disillusionment.

He was scratched.
The mounting holes show traces of movement of the retaining pins.

I wrote several times to unplugged performance, but never received an answer.

Is that normal for those?
Am very disappointed!

Greetings from Germany

KaJu

Sorry to hear about your experience. Not getting an email reply in a timely manner is totally normal. I still don’t get replies for several days through info@unpluggedperformance.com. You might also try support@unpluggedperformance.com or if the language barrier is not an issue for you to call them on the phone during normal business hours. Some creativity may be necessary such as bondo, sanding, primer, and paint. Or you might choose to go for some vinyl color change.

Last edited:

KaJu74

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
UP sent me an email, but read for yourself:
Hi,

The front lip is delivered raw. It can be installed raw or prepared for painting. The white spots are not from us and seem to have occurred during the transport. However, we sand the edges so they can be primed and painted if necessary. Please tell me your thoughts.

Apparently, you did not receive this email 25 days ago. I try again to see if you have received it.

Greetings,

E. C.
Bulletproof Automotive : GT-RR : Unplugged Performance

Last edited:

Cookiebob

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
UP sent me an email, but read for yourself:

Hmm. Lots of potential blame with your issue. Eddy is one of their experts who also sincerely tries to help out customers, so I would trust him that they didn’t mess it up. Someone on the other tesla forum TMC recently got some help from him, and he was really cool and helpful. Maybe USA or Germany customs opened the package and scratched it? I don’t know. Nevertheless, it’s unfortunate that for whatever reason that you didn’t get a reply for such a long time. While frustrating, it sounds like the best thing you can do in this situation is to make it work. If you were planning on running the lip raw, like Daerik or Tesla bjorne, then you might want to replan for paint or vinyl. I personally prefer paint. Painting around me is like $400 for a bumper. I’m not sure how much it will cost in Germany, but hopefully just the spoiler will be less. Thanks for the update and good luck!

KaJu74

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
After I have answered again and have pointed to these posts, there is a sudden movement into play!
I got the following two mails:
The white markings are guides for the wholes to be opened up, however the white on the face do appear to be scratches. Regardless, I apologize this was sent to you in this condition. I would be more than happy to replace this for you at no cost to you. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,

E. C.

Also just to reiterate, we would never install parts and then ship that out to a customer. That is not what we do. We will take care of you on this and I will make sure that you receive one up to our standards.

Regards,

E. C.

Reactions: 1 person

KaJu74

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
For all here, we have agreed on how to get the issue out of the world and I am very happy with the service.

An email can always get stuck.

So I'm very satisfied with the service again.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Have mine installed. Love the look I did a 2 part series on painting and installing it

Painting a front lip spoiler

Front Lip Spoiler Install

F916B9DB-E52B-497B-9D28-9402D697B142.jpeg
062FFF56-906D-4BAA-AEAE-024F3AA505DA.jpeg
9895F143-2660-48E0-9E34-748AF2289589.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.