Unlisted Superchargers

I was at an event recently and someone mentioned there are many super chargers not identified on tesla’s site or car’s map - but there is a website which listed/located them all. I dont remember the name of the site but was curious if this sounds accurate?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was at an event recently and someone mentioned there are many super chargers not identified on tesla’s site or car’s map - but there is a website which listed/located them all. I dont remember the name of the site but was curious if this sounds accurate?
I'm guessing this is the site... https://supercharge.info

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But I think Supercharge.info also shows some locations that Tesla's map doesn't.
Yes, since it is more-or-less crowd-sourced, Supercharge.info often lists Supercharger locations in various stages of construction (permit, under construction, online) long before they appear on Tesla's official Supercharger map. In some cases (such as the newly-opened South Boston location), Superchargers can be online for weeks before they appear on Tesla's map.

The other nice thing about Supercharge.info is that it can provide a much more specific location for a Supercharger site once the permits have been filed for that site. By contrast, to the extent a planned Supercharger even appears on Tesla's map, the map pin will often be set to the town center of the planned location, which may end up being nowhere near the actual Supercharger site (or even in the same town). For example, the Natick, MA Supercharger (described as "Opening Soon", and with the map pinned to the town center) is actually being built at a shopping center in the town next door, 4.5 miles away from the map pin.

Country
Country
I can give you an example of this. There is a supercharger in Warsaw, NC that Tesla removed from their map but it is still functional and is displayed in gray on supercharger.info website. They indicate it has been closed for 188 days but I saw a Model S charging there about 2 weeks ago.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can give you an example of this. There is a supercharger in Warsaw, NC that Tesla removed from their map but it is still functional and is displayed in gray on supercharger.info website. They indicate it has been closed for 188 days but I saw a Model S charging there about 2 weeks ago.
Funny thing about that Supercharger in Warsaw...I went there last Wednesday (April 11, 2018) and charged. Still works, no problem.

But...here is the funny part...it did not charge me. I have a Model 3, so I should have been charged. Nothing has shown up on my charging screen or my Tesla account or credit card that Tesla has on file.