Unexplained credit card CREDITS from Tesla

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Weird: 8 credits from Tesla of <$1 on credit card statement today. Is Tesla refunding customers that use their charging stations on the road?

Frully

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Totally peculiar. I haven't supercharged in quite some time. Might be a clerical, rounding, or energy cost error they are going back and fixing if some sort of estimate was wrong.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Weird: 8 credits from Tesla of <$1 on credit card statement today. Is Tesla refunding customers that use their charging stations on the road?
I saw on Twitter that Tesla was refunding free supercharging credits due to calculation errors for some people, so you’re likely seeing the same if you’re on paid supercharging.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yup, I got two. One for $4.75 and one for 7 and change.

Odd part is, I didn’t have an amount of supercharging credit, just the 6 months. And I don’t recall getting erroneously charged then.

Also, last trip I took in September, I noticed that I was not charged for either of my sessions, but I was in August on the same charger (literally the same unit at that Supercharger station)

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got nuthin'. :( Probably because of limited supercharging usage (and free supercharging since August from a referral). :)

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got one too, probably some beancounter found something and is formally making it "right" with the Tesla world. But would be interesting to know why except it's such a small amount it's "noise" to me.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Weirdly enough, my "last supercharger visit total" has been stuck for a few month now even though I have done a couple of longer trips with SC stops. I also got ~8 credits to my card from Tesla and never got charged for any of my recent supercharger visits...I shouldn't be getting free supercharging unless the first year free thing is still in effect.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Last Friday, Tesla made 7 unexplained charges to my credit card totaling $3.43. Today, I have a message in my Tesla App saying they made a mistake and are refunding $3.43.

timtesla

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Out of curiosity, I just checked my app and had a notification for a $1.78 refund. That's nice of Tesla to buy me a coffee.