Uneven tire wear

Jeda - Top Tesla Accessories

MarcelOostveen

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
On my Model X after 20000 km, my rear tires show a very strange wearing pattern. On the inside of the tires, the profile depth is still at 4-5 mm and on the outside is 1.6 mm. I believe this is called a positive state of the wheels (like the old Citroen 2CV or Duck). While in modern cars this is very, not extremely, rare.
Also my mileage is like 10-15% less than the same car of my friends... How do you guys look at this?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Moderator 📌
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
how do you have the SAS? do you have it at low always, or only at higher speeds?
keeping the suspension low causes uneven wear, but I think most see the wear on the rear insides, not outsides.

PeaceX

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I currently have 40,000 kms (25,000 miles) on our X; the left rear tire is completely worn out (belt is showing). What irks me is I pointed the wear out to the SC when it was in for it's prepaid service at 20,000 kms in October of 2018...Tesla did not even respond to my email queries for over 2 months, eventually they claimed it was normal. When I bought it in for the prepaid 40,000 km service in Dec 2019, showed them pics of before & current, the service advisor agreed it was excessive & noted the SC did NOT do the wheel alignment check (adjustment if required) on the 1st visit as included in the prepaid service plan. For the 2nd visit they checked & adjusted the alignment (see the attached alignment result)...it was out (we drive this car very conservatively, no curbs, minimal bumps).

Appreciate feedback on the alignment result...

We love the X, pleased with sales & mobile service...but the Service Centre response & communications....SUCK!!! Tesla is supposed to be not like the 'other' car companies!!!
tesla alignment dec 18 2019.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person