Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
I do listen to the radio but gave up on my XM over a year ago. My phone has over 3000 songs on it and is my go to for music. I heard from TMC the upgraded sound system is better than standard but not by much and not for that price. I will add a better system on my own. BUT, upgraded system does have more speakers already installed for you. Something to consider but still, worth the price?

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I can say the UHFS in the Model X is incredible but I have nothing to compare it to given I haven't heard the standard one in the car. I have XM radio in my Lincoln but I never listen to the radio so I refuse to pay for something I don't use. I live with my phone containing my music and podcasts and I'm happy ;)
Hey Trev,

Can you elaborate on how incredible the Ultra High Fidelity Sound system is? You are probably thinking what is this guy asking me, but I mean in terms of "plugging" or "Bluetooth-connecting" a phone to listen to media. How is the bass and clarity of the sound system in general? Maybe do a test (haha, I have no known Tesla owners in my area)?

Jaspal.

SiriusXM broadcasts a mono signal, primarily left if I remember correctly. If you listen to any music that bounces from left to right you'll only hear half of it. I do love it for my talky shows. This is really noticeable when listening to Ozzy Crazy Train and See You On The Other Side, cranked up to 11 of course. :)

I don't feel that the audio quality would be $2,500 better and I don't think XM is worth it. If I'm going to be traveling cross country and am in risk of not having a cell service capable of playing my audio, then I will have downloaded music on my phone that can play via Bluetooth to cover the gaps. For me anyway, 99% of my time driving the car will be within good cell service that I can use the streaming audio.

Just my two cents.

Did you watch the video where Ken and I take a ride in a Signature series Model X? My 4k camera was capturing 5.1 surround. Have a listen with headphones.
Hi Trev. Could you please provide the link where you and Ken rode in the model X. I would like to hear the sound for myself. Thanks for all of your time and efforts that you and Ken dedicate to the site.
Rick M

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.