U-bolts or other way to secure to the Roof Rack

m3_4_wifey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So not everything I want to put on the car will fit off a t-bolt that goes in the slot and I prefer not to use straps as they tend to slide around in the wind. I'm thinking that I may have to buy some really wide U bolts because of the aero bar structure, but maybe I'm just thinking the wrong way. Anyone find a u-bolt supplier they like, or securing the around the aero bar and what they are trying to secure some other way? Thanks in advance for any brainstorming ideas.

mishakim

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I struggled with this, and what I ultimately want is just hard points at either end of each bar that I can hook or tie straps on to, since the stock bars are all smooth edges. I was thinking the universal clamps that my Yakima ski racks use (they can attach to any crossbar) would work. They've updated the design since I got my ski rack, and I'm not sure if the available part is useful for this or not: https://www.yakima.com/fatcat-universal-mount

m3_4_wifey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I struggled with this, and what I ultimately want is just hard points at either end of each bar that I can hook or tie straps on to, since the stock bars are all smooth edges. I was thinking the universal clamps that my Yakima ski racks use (they can attach to any crossbar) would work. They've updated the design since I got my ski rack, and I'm not sure if the available part is useful for this or not: https://www.yakima.com/fatcat-universal-mount
Thanks for the reply @mishakim . I think I might try going to my local supplier and take a closer look at these similar universal clamps. I'm still not sure if I can avoid getting some customer U bolts, but this might help meet half of my needs.

mishakim

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure why I didn't find these late time, and they're expensive, but a potential option: Yakima Load Stops
Then there's these, which appear to be exactly what I was looking for: Tie Downs, though the Amazon Q&A is less then helpful on confirming which racks they really fit. The listing has a few similar products.
And finally, there's these: Rhino Rack

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure why I didn't find these late time, and they're expensive, but a potential option: Yakima Load Stops
Then there's these, which appear to be exactly what I was looking for: Tie Downs, though the Amazon Q&A is less then helpful on confirming which racks they really fit. The listing has a few similar products.
And finally, there's these: Rhino Rack
Thanks @mishakim for researching some extra fastening options. You never know when there's something you new you need to strap to your car.