garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This being 2010/2011.
Not sure where you got that date. This was from an Australian show called 60 Minutes, filmed in 2015. This was the same set of interviews & photos where the Model 3 Clay model was uncovered. In fact, it's just to the left of the picture I shared above. From Musk's earlier tweets, we're pretty sure that Tesla started working on the 3 and the Y before holding off on Y development in order to concentrate on the 3.

60 MINUTES AUSTRALIA PROFILES ELON MUSK, PROVIDES PEEK AT FUTURE TESLA CAR CLAY MODELS
Here's a wider shot that includes the Model 3 clay model:

And a closeup:

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You clearly have more info than me. I thought your pic was from the same time as the proto-Model 3 @Kennethbokor showed us.
The clay model Model 3 clearly is much further developed than the first.
So we have a pic from 2010/2011 and a few from 2015.

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I don't think so @garsh. Yes it's a clay model, but when you enlarge it looks very uneven. It's probably an unfinished form. Could be any. 3, Y, Roadster 2, pickup... I also know that designers sometimes make two different versions in one model. Left version 1, right version 2. Even that doesn't seem to be the case here. Leaves: unfinished.

More interesting is the model to the right of that. Is that prototype of Model S? This being 2010/2011. Or is it Roadster 2?It's very flat.
Small clay model behind pillar certainly seems to be MS.
That is the reported half model 3/ half model Y clay form.

Country
Country
The partially exposed clay model is the rear of the X I believe... The middle one is rumored to be the Y and the rightmost one (our perspective) is the 3 still under wraps.