Tunein help with podcasts!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Shadow LI

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have an issue with tunein and hoping someone has a solve for this. For the last few weeks, none of my favorited podcasts will play. Keep getting loading error.
Today I played non favorited podcasts and all played fine.
Removed the favorites. Rebooted. Searched for my old favorites and tried to play. No luck. All other podcasts play fine.
favs were dateline and 48 hours.
thoughts?

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Podcast support in the car is pretty poor.

One of my podcasts usually works pretty well.

The other rarely does. I think the difference is the episode length. The one that doesn't work is typically over an hour long.

I usually just give up and stream that podcast from my phone using the podcast player on the phone.

I get the loading error that you are seeing, but other issues are incorrect episode length shown; inability to easily fast forward to a specific time in the podcast; complete loss of where you were in a podcast if you switch audio sources.

Shadow LI

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep the interface and quality is pretty bad. Still think there is something with Favorites since they are the only ones I can’t get to work.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For me, that's usually due to a network connection problem, and I sometimes have to reboot the MCU to reestablish it. You can do that while you're driving, as long as you realize the turn signals won't make sounds or be visible to you (they will be to other drivers).

There are also some podcasts which have incompatible formats with the current software. I have one I can listen to on my phone, but never my Model 3.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My issues with "Loading Error" usually center around transitioning between WiFi and cellular (usually as I am leaving my home or office).

In fact, listening to TunedIn radio stations is problematic in this situation as well. They don't stop playing altogether, but rather "skip" until it gets caught back up to live. Very annoying.

saldog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My favorites play fine, or at least as fine as this ****** podcast player can play them. Just for kicks, I added 48 Hours to my favorites and it would not play. It could be you happened to pick two podcasts that are having trouble loading. If you were to add Joe Rogan Experience to your favorites, for example, you would find that it works.