TuneIn “Loading Error”

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

CaribbeanKing

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my M3 for about a month and have noticed a very frustrating issue. It does not seem like TuneIn is updating the content library very often with new podcast episodes. I listen to a few podcasts that upload new episodes daily but my TuneIn account doesn't seem to add the new episodes.

Option 1: Is there a way to "refresh" so it loads any new episodes?

Option 2: Would a hard reboot update the results?

Any other ideas? It's pretty frustrating as I know the episodes are available as I can see them everywhere else. Is this a Tesla issue or a TuneIn issue?

Thanks!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For me, this issue has been much more pronounced since I updated the software to V9. For the 4 months I had the car before the software update, the podcasts I listened to would generally show up the same day they were released on other streaming platforms. They were usually a few hours later, but now they are days behind.
I’m not aware of a way to force a refresh of available episodes.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had the same problem. The fix is to reboot the MCU by holding down both scroll wheels. Version 9 has lots of bugs to sort out

drrock

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've tried logging into my TuneIn account for podcasts and always get the message 'unable to log in, try again later.' Rebooting does not help. Does anyone have a functioning TuneIn account or is this a matter of an advertised feature that does not exist in fact? (I have version 42.2.1)

Madmolecule

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for posting this. I have been having the same problem for weeks. Some do update like Ride the Lighting, but the Model 3 Owners is stuck on the good, Bad and Ugly. Most others are stuck also. I can't even find some of the others like Zac and Jesse on Tunein.

CaribbeanKing

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's pretty frustrating since many of the podcasts are updated elsewhere constantly. I've had TuneIN as much as a week behind in terms of updating daily episodes.

sleekdj

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok. I finally just found the solution to this after trying everything for at least two years. . It works in my S and X S and assume works the same issue with the three. Mine hasn’t arrived yet.

When you get the Tunein loading error don’t hit the refresh circular arrow. Otherwise you will keep getting the loading error. Just wait. If you notice there is a grey line in the display of the podcast which shows you the episode cache-ing. It is the same bar that shows progress when an episode plays. Wait for the episode to fully cache and the grey bar to go completely to the end. Once the grey bar is complete and you hit the refresh arrow the episode will start to immediately play.

Let me know if that works for you.
I just got my Model 3 and am very frustrated with podcasts on TuneIn, not only are the subscriptions weeks behind, but some of the podcasts are nowhere to be found or display a "loading error". Thanks for the tips, I will try this...

Stringcheese

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had tried waiting for it to cache previously to no avail. I think it is more they have fixed some of the issues regarding higher quality audio streams. Some podcasts I couldn’t load previously now load and play, without being fully cached. I also experience them cutting out after a few minutes and playing something else tho, so it is still kind of useless to me except some of the talk ones that never had issues before anyway.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone experienced the slacker feed randomly skipping songs after the song starts or in the middle of it? It's not in areas where service is poor it seems to do it quite frequently . Any ideas?

RUN TM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have occasional issues loading just about every podcast, but lately I'm never able to load the Dave Chang podcast. Since he's affiliated with Bill Simmons (who I can only take in small doses), I tried his and it doesn't load either. When I got my car last year, I had no issues loading the Chang podcast. Anyone else have issues loading these or any other podcasts? Is is a TuneIn issue, Tesla issue, or is it limited to my car?

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't get KNKX or it's sister station Jazz24 in the Tesla, but at home via the TuneIn app on my squeezebox I can get both. When I get LTE working in the Volvo i'll be testing it there, but for now it seems to be a Tesla issue.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't get KNKX or it's sister station Jazz24 in the Tesla, but at home via the TuneIn app on my squeezebox I can get both. When I get LTE working in the Volvo i'll be testing it there, but for now it seems to be a Tesla issue.
well I have the tunein account set up on the Tesla, the Volvo, the squeezebox players and various web browsers. only the Tesla has trouble loading knkx and sister jazz24, everywhere else it just plays.

so those stations are a tesla issue, I suspect @RUN TM3 you are having the same problem.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Took a 480 mile work trip yesterday and the loading errors were bad. I feel like it's getting worse. Is the system perhaps getting overtaxed?

One thing that seemed to work was switching to Slacker / Streaming and then back to TuneIn for my podcasts. But it's frustrating as hell that I have full bars of signal, and get "LOADING ERROR" forever. Or, worse, It'll start and load a podcast, and I'll want to skip ahead to where I left off...and it will only go so far, then re-start the next podcast in line. Meanwhile I can fire up my cell phone and navigate the podcast app and listen seamlessly.

RUN TM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
well I have the tunein account set up on the Tesla, the Volvo, the squeezebox players and various web browsers. only the Tesla has trouble loading knkx and sister jazz24, everywhere else it just plays.

so those stations are a tesla issue, I suspect @RUN TM3 you are having the same problem.
I tried KNKX and Jazz24 and got a loading error for both. We ought to create a list of all stations/podcasts that won't load for anyone.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On the reverse side, On the volvo Tunein App I can't get my CBC comedy podcasts. It might have to do with the folder structure I have in my favourites. More research.

RUN TM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was feeling good that the Dave Chang podcast loaded up so I tried to load up KNKX and Jazz24 to see the they would work. No dice, loading errors. Then after I tried to go back to the Chang podcast but now that's back to getting loading errors. :mad:

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't get knkx or jazz24 either (likely other stations as well, but they are my bellwether stations right now.

also noticed that my account favourites are being lost. i have to add something to my favourites, and then all of my folders under favourites show up again.