Tune In Issues since 2020.24.6.4

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

W.W.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ever since the 2020.24.6.4 update my 18 M3 LR May 2018 Build HW 2.5 where there was TuneIn improvements has done the opposite for me. I used to listen to CNBC, CNN, MSNBC etc in the morning during my commutes but ever since the last update when I select any of those channels the play button alternates between play and pause . Content is never loaded. This is not the case for all channels but just some as others work.

I reached out to Tesla on this and they said that this is a known issue and will be corrected on the next update but I received
2020.24.6.9 9a5f3cf2 and the issue has not improved.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
a few of us have. I get it occasionally but the next day the station is fine.

I find the new "improved" layout of the TuneIn interface to be horrid and unwieldy. Much harder to pop between my favourite stations. I've started to use AnyMusic instead.

crome

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I have a Model X, since updating to version 2020.28.5, we are also experiencing problems loading several tunein stations (including, but not limited to, MSNBC, CNBC, etc.).

3Model3s

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And I thought I was the only one with TuneIn issues. Updated to 2020.28.5 the other day and have noticed no improvement. Keep hitting the station and/or other stations and it will eventually lock in to the one I want.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Haven’t been experiencing complete failures to load but it is definitely laggy.

Additionally, since 24, voice commands to play TuneIn stations and left scroll wheel navigation between TuneIn stations have stopped working. Nothing happens with the scroll wheel clicks (left or right) and voice commands launch the search screen. Basically, eyes on road/hands on wheel safety is once again compromised by an apparently unnoticed update bug.

For all of these issues, I’m really surprised Tesla hasn’t built a checklist and or an automated test protocol. We all know that software updates can have unintended consequences but, like with their ability to almost completely protect drive and brake functionality during updates, they really need to firewall other safety aspects including UI interactions which could contribute to distracted driver accidents.

It might mean slower update rollouts but, aside from specifically stated features (for which we can opt in/out), we don’t all need to be beta testing everything each time; especially stuff that was working previously. If we are going to be beta and gamma testing everything, they need to give us a reliable feedback capability (actually review the bug reports?) so we aren’t just testing in our isolated bubbles.

Anyway, last time TuneIn was having loading errors, it was due to the Tesla servers no longer handling one or more particular codecs used by certain stations. Strangely, each of the stations I knew about were encoding various formats but Tesla (and/or TuneIn) only accessed the bad one(s). Don’t know if they changed which formats they pulled or if they patched the system so it could handle the original codecs again but, suffice to say, it was resolved about 2 or 3 major updates ago. Here’s hoping they know about this one and it’ll be fixed soon.

Last edited:

3Model3s

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And I thought I was the only one with TuneIn issues. Updated to 2020.28.5 the other day and have noticed no improvement. Keep hitting the station and/or other stations and it will eventually lock in to the one I want.
Updated to2020.28.6 a couple days ago; no problems since then. Fingers crossed....