TSLA Stock Price Discussion - 2021 Q1

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Why is it tanking today?

Tesla stock is sooooooooooo frustrating.

I wish Elon would shut is mouth and just sell his products.

slacker775

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Exactly. The entire market is going down so it’s not related to some bad Elon tweet or anything. It’s definitely providing a good buy-in opportunity.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That's only true for those who aren't already "all-in"
It's still a buying opportunity even if you don't buy.

The point is that you shouldn't let the stock price affect your view of the company. If you're going to go into panic mode every time TSLA goes on a several-day decrease in price, then you should save yourself the headache and sell.

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's still a buying opportunity even if you don't buy.

The point is that you shouldn't let the stock price affect your view of the company. If you're going to go into panic mode every time TSLA goes on a several-day decrease in price, then you should save yourself the headache and sell.

Just responding to Tesla the same way that new updates cause people to react.

I believe that's fair.

Don't worry.

I'm out.

Last edited:

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When TSLA is 100% of your portfolio a correction of 18% is worrisome. When it's less than 1%, much less so.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When TSLA is 100% of your portfolio a correction of 18% is worrisome. When it's less than 1%, much less so.
And that is exactly why EVERY investment advisor would say you should NEVER invest more than 5% of your investment portfolio in any one stock and some recommend limiting any single stock to 2-3%. Why on earth would anyone invest their entire portfolio in a single stock?

• Agree
Reactions: garsh and FRC

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And that is exactly why EVERY investment advisor would say you should NEVER invest more than 5% of your investment portfolio in any one stock and some recommend limiting any single stock to 2-3%. Why on earth would anyone invest their entire portfolio in a single stock?

I don't necessarily listen to investment advisors. Most of them wouldn't be investment advisors if they did well enough not to be one. That's a Bill Gates comment.

I like to listen to Rich folks about their investments and they disagree with investment advisors. I know Warren Buffett does.

I would rather listen to Michael Jordan about basketball rather than anyone who advises him about basketball. Same holds true for Tom Brady about being a quarterback or Elon Musk about building successful companies.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I like to listen to Rich folks about their investments and they disagree with investment advisors. I know Warren Buffett does.
Then stop worrying about a few days of the stock price falling.
Warren Buffett doesn't care about one of his holdings going up or down over a few months or even years.

• “If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes.” – Warren Buffett
  • “Our favorite holding period is forever.” – Warren Buffett
  • “The stock market is designed to transfer money from the active to the patient.” – Warren Buffett
I would rather listen to... Elon Musk about building successful companies.

If that were actually true, you wouldn't be wishing that Elon would "shut his mouth and just sell his products".

You seem to be all over the place - contradicting yourself from one statement to the next.

• Agree
  • Love It!
Reactions: FRC and iChris93

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Pre-market at $680.

Again, Tesla was last seen at these levels.... two months ago, On Dec 29th.

So everybody has to decide - are you a day-trader who should sell before you "lose" any more of your gains? Or are you an investor for the long term, and don't allow stock price to dictate your approach to investing?

Tesla continues to develop EV technologies that are years ahead of competitors, continues to sell every car they can make even without advertising, and continues to expand both their product portfolio and production capacity. I see no reason to even consider selling this stock until after
  • Giga Berlin is up and running
  • Giga Texas is up and running
  • Cybertruck is in full production
  • Semi is in full production.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I see no reason to even consider selling this stock until after
The question is though, are these already priced in?

• Agree
Reactions: GDN

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The question is though, are these already priced in?
Stock price is dictated by little more than human psychology. If the company continues to grow and do well, then generally the stock price will continue to rise with it.

Reactions: iChris93

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Then stop worrying about a few days of the stock price falling.
Warren Buffett doesn't care about one of his holdings going up or down over a few months or even years.

• “If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes.” – Warren Buffett
  • “Our favorite holding period is forever.” – Warren Buffett
  • “The stock market is designed to transfer money from the active to the patient.” – Warren Buffett

If that were actually true, you wouldn't be wishing that Elon would "shut his mouth and just sell his products".

You seem to be all over the place - contradicting yourself from one statement to the next.

You aren't listening.

Elon builds great companies. Period. Its a fact. Can't be denied.

He then opens his mouth or tweets and causes their value to go down at times. That's a fact. Can't be denied.

What is contradictory about that? Why is that all over the place?

Elon is a genius engineer by birth and his products are fabulous enough to start companies. He is the best dual engineer/physicist on the planet, but not so much in the CEO area. That's not all over the place.

Why does the Tesla board have to evaluate Elon's tweets? Its not about engineering. or physics.

Elon Musk's Mouth, and Tweets, Land Him in Trouble Again | WIRED
Was Elon’s Tesla Twitter meltdown illegal? An investigation - The Verge

I see that we disagree. I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Pre-market at $680.

Again, Tesla was last seen at these levels.... two months ago, On Dec 29th.

So everybody has to decide - are you a day-trader who should sell before you "lose" any more of your gains? Or are you an investor for the long term, and don't allow stock price to dictate your approach to investing?

Tesla continues to develop EV technologies that are years ahead of competitors, continues to sell every car they can make even without advertising, and continues to expand both their product portfolio and production capacity. I see no reason to even consider selling this stock until after
Agreed, this is minimum 5 year hold and even then the master plan will still need years to come to light. This is a time to buy if you have the means

Reactions: garsh

slacker775

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m long as well tho these periodic roller coaster rides can hit ya in the guy quite a bit! These past few days have largely followed the rest of the market though so I wasn’t particularly worried and managed to snag a few more shares at a good price. My thinking would have been a lot different if the movement was on some news like ‘Elon decides to stop making cars immediately and shifts all production to making Ginzu knives’

• Funny

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
He then opens his mouth or tweets and causes their value to go down at times. That's a fact. Can't be denied.
Not a fact at all. Their value has continued to go up despite (or perhaps even because of?) his tweets and quotes.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Elon has been rather restrained in his tweets from when he got into trouble with the SEC IMHO. Sure he likes his memes, I'll give him that, they're harmless. The crypto thing? Whatever, I don't play in that field and has no impact on my Tesla position. If they want to get into Bitcoin as a payment method or an investment ($1.5B is peanuts given their $20B cash horde) that's OK too, as long as they won't risk the whole thing. Keep going with products and factories, that's what matters. The future is very bright

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.