• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

help_balance_thegrid_with_evdotenergy

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Moderator 📌
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
$TSLA closed out 2019 at $418.33. 2020 feels like it should be a great year for Tesla, we shall see if the market agrees.

Reactions: 6 people

VoltageDrop

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah....it's too bad it didn't close at $420 or above......that would have been a great closing statement to the year

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The stock market is down this morning due to middle east tensions. But TSLA up $20.50 to another new high due to shipping lots and lots of cars in 4Q!

Reactions: 1 person

garsh

Dis Member
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The stock market is down this morning due to middle east tensions.
And those tensions are also causing oil prices to rise.
And that will also benefit Tesla.

1578066958952.png

https://oilprice.com/

garsh

Dis Member
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla Q4 2019 Vehicle Production & Deliveries

So, Tesla just casually mentions this at the end of the report (see bolded part):

"Despite breaking ground at Gigafactory Shanghai less than 12 months ago, we have already produced just under 1,000 customer salable cars and have begun deliveries. We have also demonstrated production run-rate capability of greater than 3,000 units per week, excluding local battery pack production which began in late December."

They're building battery packs in GF3 already! I didn't think that would be happening yet. That's a pretty major step. I wonder what other subassemblies they're already handling in GF3? Battery cell production? Are they sourcing cells in China already? Motor/Inverter production?

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Up over 4% today on great news for Q4 deliveries and EPS estimates.

slacker775

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Now with this extended run-up, is that going to set the talking heads up to trash the stock when they report earnings and don't have some super-unrealistic profitibility? Off the top of my head, there shouldn't have been any big hits to earnings this quarter and they wouldn't have realized much in the way of additional production in Q4, so I would suspect a relatively small improvement to profitability, but not anything earth shattering. Q1 and Q2 should certainly see an increase via increased production, and then the Y starts taking deliveries, etc etc.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Called stock diversification:
  • Sold 10% of TSLA at $420 (mostly to stick it to the SEC)
  • Sold second 10% TSLA at $462 (mostly to stick it to SHORTs)
  • Bought gold mining shares at $45
It is nice to take profits and put them in a safe place. Actually gold mining is a growth industry while 'wag the dog' is going on.

On an aside, I have no idea if or when TSLA will hit a local peak (if ever.) You can't underestimate the poor judgment of traditional car makers, car reviewers, and more vociferous stock 'anal-ists'. Regardless, by hook or crook, I've not lost any money with my TSLA investment.

I can afford to take profits now reducing my TSLA exposure to 50% of what I started with. I'll just snipe away as the stock continues its upward movement. But I'll probably hold at ~$500 or 50% of initial investment until the SHORT holding fall to less than ~10% of the total.

I won't be buying TSLA once the price goes below a local peak. That just temps the SHORTs to come back and play their silly games.

Bob Wilson

Last edited:

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
  • Sold second 10% TSLA at $462 (mostly to stick it to SHORTs)
  • Bought gold mining shares at $45
Selling TSLA helps the shorts, doesn't stick it to them. And most folks are selling some of their gold for profit, not buying here. It is at a 7 year high...

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Selling TSLA helps the shorts, doesn't stick it to them.
The shares I sell can not be 'borrowed' and make an immediate profit. They also moderate the SHORT squeeze run-up. In effect, the SHORT squeeze inflates the price and I make (and take) a nice profit. The hard price jump today was pretty impressive suggesting 'the gloves are coming off.'
And most folks are selling some of their gold for profit, not buying here. It is at a 7 year high...
I sold my last gold stock to buy TSLA when it was in the mid $200. I bought it to 'bank' and as a hedge against inflation and panic.

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The shares I sell can not be 'borrowed' and make an immediate profit. They also moderate the SHORT squeeze run-up. In effect, the SHORT squeeze inflates the price and I make (and take) a nice profit. The hard price jump today was pretty impressive suggesting 'the gloves are coming off.'
I sold my last gold stock to buy TSLA when it was in the mid $200. I bought it to 'bank' and as a hedge against inflation and panic.
Well so far TSLA up another 5% and gold down 1.3%...

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Selling TSLA helps the shorts, doesn't stick it to them.
The shares I sell can not be 'borrowed' and make an immediate profit. They also moderate the SHORT squeeze run-up. In effect, the SHORT squeeze inflates the price and I make (and take) a nice profit.
And most folks are selling some of their gold for profit, not buying here. It is at a 7 year high...
I sold my last gold stock to buy TSLA when it was in the mid $200. I bought it to 'bank' and a hedge against inflation and panic.

Regardless, I'm calm about such things. One day does not a market make. Lets resume in about 30 days. <grins>

Bob Wilson

VoltageDrop

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
WOW! TSLA was absolutely on fire today.......so glad I didn't give in to the "profit taking" fear-mongering going on last week by some analysts........staying long and strong with TSLA.....next stop....the moon!

EDIT: and this is all going on even without the Y or Cybertruck sales contributing yet.......

JWardell

TOO Master Member 👑
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Even more exciting than the price, is all the POSITIVE financial press it is generating. Suddenly everyone is on board

Reactions: 2 people