trunk light intermittent flicker after upgrading to 2019.12.1.2

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone else notice this happening after upgrading to 2019.12.1.2?

Not a big deal, and I much prefer it to the blacked out rearview camera bug, which is much improved on this latest build.

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are those aftermarket? I had an issue with an RPM Tesla light flickering. I replaced it with an extra one I had and it stopped.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are those aftermarket? I had an issue with an RPM Tesla light flickering. I replaced it with an extra one I had and it stopped.
I've seen both... flickering trunk lights were common with software toward the end of 2018.
Just the other week I noticed just one of my lights flickering, and a closer look showed one of the three LEDs inside flickering, most likely due to bad solder joint. It's from RPM Tesla. I'll probably just try to reflow it

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen both... flickering trunk lights were common with software toward the end of 2018.
Just the other week I noticed just one of my lights flickering, and a closer look showed one of the three LEDs inside flickering, most likely due to bad solder joint. It's from RPM Tesla. I'll probably just try to reflow it
Yep, that's what I had. I thought about trying to fix it, but I still have a few extras ready to go.