MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am thinking about designing and CNC'ing a t-track table like this:

https://www.rockler.com/rockler-t-track-table-top

Only shaped to custom fit, and then covered in a high friction material (line-x or something?). Then you could make L-shaped "bookend" brackets anywhere and move for the specific use case of holding whatever you have put in there.

And of course, I'm pretty sure I can make it for a LOT less than that. Would probably be two pieces of laminated 1/2" high quality (baltic birch) ply to allow the t-trac recesses but still be rigid.
to that idea, instead of the weight of 1" plywood, you could bolt together pre-fab aluminum t-slot extrusions into a frame and fill in the area between with a foamcore or some other rigid but light weight material.

fritter63

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
to that idea, instead of the weight of 1" plywood, you could bolt together pre-fab aluminum t-slot extrusions into a frame and fill in the area between with a foamcore or some other rigid but light weight material.
Yeah, interesting idea.. That stuff looks like 8020.net knock-offs! It can get pretty heavy too though, My CNC is actually built out of that stuff.

fritter63

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Actually, another thing I could do to relieve weight is just to pocket out the underside between the rails. similar to how I built the go-bar deck:

img_3854-jpg.26018

For that matter, I could just cut the t-slots myself and skip the aluminum, this is how I did the hold down table for my CNC:

img_7188-jpg.26019

Last edited:

kataleen

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sone of us have just put a single eye bolt on that screw...see this thread:
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/trunk-anchor-or-hook-point.12304/
Love the idea. Did you find those at home depot?

I was thinking about having a closed loop vs a hook and decided against the closed loop as it requires an extra carrabine or something similar and since I wouldn't keep it there as it would dangle all the time, I would probably lose it. With the hook, it's always there, fixed and ready to take some grocery bags.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
this is great, thanks! I used the etsy tri-hook ... it was fine until i got something heavy on it and stripped the 3d printed threads. Now i just gotta put a D ring hook on it and i'm set!