Tried logging into My (Canada) Tesla account, kicks me to UK

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I'm trying to find details about supercharger costs per kWh for use within Ontario.

I try logging onto my Tesla online account.

It let's me in, but insists I'm in the UK instead of Ontario.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Mike

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Update:

Logging into my Windows 7 device is no issue, but my Android tablet kicks me to Tesla UK.

I've contacted Tesla in California to let them know AND to confirm a cost for supercharger use in the province of Ontario.

I'll post results here when they come in.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Clear the browser history (is that a thing w android?) and / or restart. I've had my laptop go to a euro site (German I think it was) randomly a few months back and clearing cache and history fixed it.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Clear the browser history (is that a thing w android?) and / or restart. I've had my laptop go to a euro site (German I think it was) randomly a few months back and clearing cache and history fixed it.
Not sure if android has that browser history issue either, but I'll give it a try, thanks.

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I logged into my account and it lists Canada. It actually took my credit card info today when it wouldnt before. Every little step makes me impatient for delivery day.

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
When I try to look at the Supercharger electricity fees in the USA, it only shows provinces of Canada.

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Change your location at the very bottom of the Tesla website to USA. The link I gave is for the Canadian site.
Thanks Trev!!

Seems that I was a fellow Canadian there for awhile.

Funny that I didn't feel any different, although I have been a bit Gut-Foundered lately.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Well, this afternoon I can't log into My Tesla account , either on my Android tablet or Windows 7 laptop.

Called California, am told my problem is being passed onto the IT folks.

Anyone else have any issues logging into your Tesla account today?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well, this afternoon I can't log into My Tesla account , either on my Android tablet or Windows 7 laptop.

Called California, am told my problem is being passed onto the IT folks.

Anyone else have any issues logging into your Tesla account today?
Funny, I had just done it without any trouble a couple of hours ago and now it does not seem to work for me in Belgium either... Apologies if I don't call CA myself to tell them at this late hour for me... yet if you would on behalf of us poor tired Europeans that would be very kind... ;) Thanks,@Mike !

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Funny, I had just done it without any trouble a couple of hours ago and now it does not seem to work for me in Belgium either... Apologies if I don't call CA myself to tell them at this late hour for me... yet if you would on behalf of us poor tired Europeans that would be very kind... ;) Thanks,@Mike !
Mike, when hy gt back to me, I will. Cheers.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Mike, I got a reply from Tesla:

QUOTE: IT team was not able to identify a log in error for your account, I wasn’t able to replicate the issue either. I would try using a different browser to access your account (we recommend Google Chrome), or you can reset your password and try logging in with a new password.
If that doesn’t work, I can send a request to refresh the password on our end with IT and they will recommend you clear your browser’s cache and try logging in with a password we assign. END QUOTE

I run Google Chrome anyway, and on a laptop I run Windows 7 with Firefox. Both devices were not letting me log on, three hours ago.

I've just tried logging on again (on my Android tablet), and after sending me to an "error 404" page and selecting "My Tesla", it seems to let me in again. Cheers.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Working fine for me on a Mac with Chrome. I do websites for a living so anytime you have trouble always suspect COOKIES!! Clean those out to reset settings an d sessions on your devices.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Mike, I got a reply from Tesla:

QUOTE: IT team was not able to identify a log in error for your account, I wasn’t able to replicate the issue either. (...) END QUOTE

I've just tried logging on again (on my Android tablet), and after sending me to an "error 404" page and selecting "My Tesla", it seems to let me in again. Cheers.
Thanks! Works for me now too!! They were probably down because of all the flak they're getting on the logo change :p

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
anytime you have trouble always suspect COOKIES!!
With "extensions" being a close second.

When you have issues like this, try accessing the website using Chrome's Incognito mode (inPrivate for Edge, Private Browsing for Safari). This is a quick way to temporarily access the website with no cookies or extensions. If that works, then you can try removing cookies, and if that doesn't fix it, start disabling extensions to determine if one of them is causing the problem.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
They were probably down because of all the flak they're getting on the logo change :p
That's why I logged in too!
When you have issues like this, try accessing the website using Chrome's Incognito mode
Thanks for that tip as well. If these little details can be eliminated, then I have hope for level 5 autonomy sooner than later......