Track Mode is here

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First, do you have the Performance model with performance upgrade option. If yes, proceed to... wait for appropriate update, 44.1 I think.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in the same boat as you Tesla2electricbugaloo. No trackmode, no refund, no love for us with the P3D-. All we got was a fantastic car! BTW, someone in this forum(sorry I can't recall who she is) has suggested that we cease and desist with the P3D- and instead use Stealth Performance when referring to our unique models. I very much like her idea and will never again use P3D- after this post.:):)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Way back to basics: Where and how to get "Track Mode" and install? And is it a software fix telling all the components how to work together? Old guy.
Right now Track mode is for Performance Models with the Performance Upgrade Option only. Track mode is a over the air software upgrade that showed up starting with 42.8 for those qualified cars. Tesla indicated in a tweet that they were working on an "aftermarket upgrade" a while back for Performance models who didn't opt at the time of purchase for the Option. We haven't seen that hardware upgrade available yet.

Yes it is a software addition - article below:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tes...erformance-track-mode-release-version-review/

TheHairyOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My track mode button is greyed out, have performance package but they said they’d call me for an appointment to install the spoiler etc. I wonder if the spoiler somehow makes track mode work, like the massive down force is going to flip a switch ;)

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. Do you sell them?
No, we use Ferrodo DS2500 pads for the track. They are streetable as well, we drive to and from the track with them installed. You will need to mill/sand a few mm off them to work though. We use our own Street Pads for daily driving, they are quiet and low dust.

roguenode

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My track mode button is greyed out, have performance package but they said they’d call me for an appointment to install the spoiler etc. I wonder if the spoiler somehow makes track mode work, like the massive down force is going to flip a switch ;)
I haven't heard of anyone that had it show in the UI and not be able to use it. Are you in parked or in drive? It can't be enabled while driving.

TheHairyOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just did Update, have to test tomorrow. Butnkn precious fw I only saw track mode become selectable twice. Neither time I could have used it.

Does the car need to be driven/warmed up first and be at some battery level before it can be selected?

TheHairyOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't heard of anyone that had it show in the UI and not be able to use it. Are you in parked or in drive? It can't be enabled while driving.
Parked, but I saw it ungreyed out yesterday after driving to pick up my wife. Does it need to warm up first?

SoCal, not very cold but maybe ~65F in the morning when I first turn on.

lascavarian

Country
Country
Can anyone clarify if Track Mode is restricted in a way different from the regular S/W upgrades. Are cars that are P3D+ (with PUO) that are at 48.12.1 and yet don't show a screen option for Track Mode - some kind of slow roll out?

I knew it was not rolling out to the P3D- configurations but I thought all the PUOs should have it by now?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can anyone clarify if Track Mode is restricted in a way different from the regular S/W upgrades. Are cars that are P3D+ (with PUO) that are at 48.12.1 and yet don't show a screen option for Track Mode - some kind of slow roll out?

I knew it was not rolling out to the P3D- configurations but I thought all the PUOs should have it by now?
Yes, you should have it by now.
Check your screen again and make sure you didn't just miss it. It's just a text link to tap on. It's a bit easy to overlook if you don't know what you're looking for.