TPMS alert

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The temps have been dropping in the Chicago area and my tire pressure along with it. But my rear passenger tire was a bit lower then the others. The others were at 39psi while my rear passenger was at 37. Apparently 37 was the magic threshold to start throwing up alerts. Went home and inflated all tires to 42psi and took the car around the block. It still shows the alert, even though it’s now reading 40psi+ for all four tires.

Any idea what the deal is with that? My previous vehicles would clear out any low tire alert after just a block of driving.

Attachments

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had the same problem just the other day. For some reason, it takes a while for the warning to go away, even after the car detects the updated PSI value. It'll eventually vanish.

I also discovered what happens when the PSI gets really low. The warning goes from an orange to a red, and it pops up a message that says "PULL OVER SAFELY". Which I did, as I'd run over a nail and my tire had dropped to 20 PSI over night. That warning didn't go away for dozens of miles, even after I re-inflated the tire with the 12v pump I bought from Tesla (REAL glad I got that!). It only went away once I got the tire place that had incorrectly repaired my tire the previous day, and they re-repaired it properly this time.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had the same problem just the other day. For some reason, it takes a while for the warning to go away, even after the car detects the updated PSI value. It'll eventually vanish.

I also discovered what happens when the PSI gets really low. The warning goes from an orange to a red, and it pops up a message that says "PULL OVER SAFELY". Which I did, as I'd run over a nail and my tire had dropped to 20 PSI over night. That warning didn't go away for dozens of miles, even after I re-inflated the tire with the 12v pump I bought from Tesla (REAL glad I got that!). It only went away once I got the tire place that had incorrectly repaired my tire the previous day, and they re-repaired it properly this time.
Thanks, I also got the Tesla pump. Worked really well to get the tires to proper pressure. I’ve got a long commute tomorrow, hopefully it’ll clear out y the time I get to my destination.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also got the Tesla pump.
Oh hey, maybe you can answer a question for me. When you use the pump, do you have to hold the little dial that switches it between the regular "fill mode" and whatever the other mode is ("puncture sealing mode", maybe?). I can't make the thing pump unless I'm holding onto the dial and pushing it toward the fill mode icon.

This seems very strange to me. If yours doesn't do that, I suppose mine must be damaged. I wonder if it could be fixed.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh hey, maybe you can answer a question for me. When you use the pump, do you have to hold the little dial that switches it between the regular "fill mode" and whatever the other mode is ("puncture sealing mode", maybe?). I can't make the thing pump unless I'm holding onto the dial and pushing it toward the fill mode icon.

This seems very strange to me. If yours doesn't do that, I suppose mine must be damaged. I wonder if it could be fixed.
I don’t have to hold it, but I did have to “click” it into fill mode. BTW, the other mode is to run the pump for the sealant (cleat tube). Only use that with a flat tire. Fill the flat with the sealant, rotate the tire by driving a small but, then fill with air.

Is your power button loose? I had to keep wiggling it before it would stay depressed.

android04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It took about 20 miles of driving to clear out my TPMS sensor warning after inflating to 42 PSI (my tires are about to minimum tread and I was experimenting with 35 PSI on the tires to see what the ride was like).

BTW, I also have the Tesla 12v air compressor. My power button and dial worked fine without holding them. But after more than a year and multiple uses to inflate car and trailer tires (some of those to 100 PSI), my power button started failing. I had to hold the power button down to keep the pump running for a while, until it would only run for a minute and stop even if I held it. I took it apart and plan on replacing the power button when I get free time.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ah, yeah, that pretty much confirms my theory: the darn things are made out of easily breakable crap. That's too bad.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I parked my car after inflating and driving a couple miles with the alert still there. Next day I go to my car and the alert is completely gone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

N54tt

Country
Country
So I parked my car after inflating and driving a couple miles with the alert still there. Next day I go to my car and the alert is completely gone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was going to say...it will probably take the car going to sleep..to let it reset and clear the warning.

Mr. Spacely

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It took about 20 miles of driving to clear out my TPMS sensor warning after inflating to 42 PSI (my tires are about to minimum tread and I was experimenting with 35 PSI on the tires to see what the ride was like).
So what was the ride like at 35psi? (Mine gives me the warning message at 41psi or below.)