Question Towing with Cybertruck

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm a little tongue in cheek here, but being a pickup guy this is partially my fear. This pickup is going to become the Soccer mom vehicle of choice. Backing a trailer can be one of the easiest and most satisfying things to do. It takes just a little thought process and patience the first several times. I'm all about Tesla sellilng as many of these trucks as they can and being a serious challenger to the other pickups. I, however, also challenge anyone that wants to drive one or pull a trailer to be truly empowered and learn how to drive it and back a trailer for yourself. It's a great feeling.

Reactions: 1 person

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for the semantics lesson :) so how do I push this idea so that Tesla actually does it ?

Step 1 - Ship a truck
Step Next - add to software

Get the idea?

gary in NY

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The worse thing I currently tow is a log splitter. You can't see it in the mirrors, and the truck has no backup camera. If you are not careful when backing up, it will end up along side the bed. It's a real PITA. Long trailers are way easier since they don't make wild moves with the slightest touch on the steering wheel.

A wise man once said "Be one with the trailer and it will bend to your will". So who needs a computer to do the work? Probably a lot of people.

Reactions: 1 person

Major Victory

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone/everyone thinking of towing an Airstream and plugging in the 240 to power the trailor?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for the semantics lesson :) so how do I push this idea so that Tesla actually does it ?
Step 1 - Ship a truck

Get the idea?

Guys, please watch your tone.
Might be a good time to reread our posting guides:
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/rules-policies-disclaimers-for-too-forums.2430/

gaduser

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can Tesla make the Cybertruck control the path of a trailer when reversing similar to the Ford F-150 system ?
Slightly off subject.
I have seen hitches, on the front of vehicles, making is easy to put the "trailer" wherever you want it.
I first saw that on a new 1955 Chevy.
Tow conventionally, disconnect from rear hitch, connect to front hitch, drive it in.