Tire Cleaning

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

rwsimon

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What products do people use to clean/spruce up their tires? Ours are looking pretty dingy at this point. There seem to be lots of products to make tires look permanently wet out there that seem a little overkill and not necessarily what I am looking for. Should I just wash them with soapy water? I welcome hearing people's experience with this.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Soapy water with a brush works well.
Always start out with that. But if you want the tires to look black instead of grey, you need to put some kind of "tire shine" product on it afterwards.

I've tried several different types and brands of tire shine. They all seem to work decently to me.

I've even tried some of the ones where you have to wear gloves and avoid skin contact. They probably last a bit longer, but I didn't think that the hassle was worth it.