Tinting and Dashcams

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So I’ve seen numerous threads, photos and such on Model 3 tint jobs and they all look spectacular. I’m definitely planning on tinting my 3 when I eventually get called to configure my AWD and finally take delivery. I’ve not seen a thread yet or anyone address tinting with dashcams. How is this addressed? Is the tint cut out where the dash cam is? Does one just tint and go with the lower stop down on the video due to the tinting?
Pardon my ignorance but I’m a newbie to the dashcam and tint seen as it is. Have never tinted any previous vehicles so I’m learning and I JUST retrofitted both our current vehicles with BlackVue front and rear 750Ss and am definitely putting the same in my 3 when it arrives. I’m at a loss for how 3 owners are addressing this issue of dark tints and running dashcam as well...
I’m planning on probably only 70% if any on the windshield so that’s not an issue I’m assuming....but will go fairly dark like a 20 on the rear. How do you address the rear cam issue? Any advice or pointers from those more experienced is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Ski

The Tesla Studio

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The tint is done first and the cameras are installed later. Usually you have to wait 3-7 days before sticking anything to the tint.
The tint will help reduce glare on the camera. The visibility of the rear facing camera with a dark tint on the rear glass isn't bad during the day, at night it's questionable.