Tint-related: prevent car from turning on at all

quadmasta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got my car tinted a few weeks back and the installer complained that the HVAC kept coming on. I don't know if it's related but there ended up being dirt and stuff that got under the tint on the front and rear windows so he's gotta redo them. Is there a way to power the car off and make sure it stays off? I gave him the valet key and I'm not sure if they kept it in the car or not; just want to cover my bases here.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got my car tinted a few weeks back and the installer complained that the HVAC kept coming on. I don't know if it's related but there ended up being dirt and stuff that got under the tint on the front and rear windows so he's gotta redo them. Is there a way to power the car off and make sure it stays off? I gave him the valet key and I'm not sure if they kept it in the car or not; just want to cover my bases here.
They’ll have the doors open and the A/C will go on. All they have to do is tap the fan icon (bottom center on screen) and hit the power icon. If doors are closed them make sure cabin overheat is off.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They’ll have the doors open and the A/C will go on. All they have to do is tap the fan icon (bottom center on screen) and hit the power icon. If doors are closed them make sure cabin overheat is off.
if you manually set the HVAC to off, does it automatically reset to on the next time the door is open?

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What about powering off the vehicle using the screen?

Controls > Safety & Security > Vehicle Power > Power Off