Tint questions

What are you planning on tinting

• Total voters

Johnstac

Country
Country
What interior do you have?

I have XPel Prime XR Pro. On my old car with white interior, had 20% sides, 30% rear. Thought that was a little dark, now on my new car I went 30%, but think that's a little light. Might have re-done with 20 if given the chance again.

Zero issues with polarized glasses, both Costa and Maui Jim.

Did not do roof. Feel like on the newer car without the "colored" roof glass it lets in more light than old car.

I also used XPel Prime XR but not the pro version. Here is what I did for the closest match from front to rear. First, understand that the rear windows do not come, “tinted” using film but are actually a factory colored glass. Because of this, if you put no tint on the rear, you will see a difference no matter what shade you use on the front simply because the difference between windows that have film and windows that don’t is noticeable. With that in mind, we went 70% on the rear and 15% on the front. I also did the top glass and windshield in 70%. We have many days over 100° so it was worth it to me but your mileage may vary.

I’m having the car wrapped this week but when I get a chance, I will upload some photos. I cannot see any difference between the rear and the front. A couple of caveats. First, if you live in an area where the police are diligent about tint, I could not in good faith recommend 15 on on the front. Personally, I absolutely love it and while some have said it can be too dark at night, I have not found that to be an issue. With tinting all of the windows of the car, I have noticed a huge temperature difference on hot days. My AC is definitely not working as hard now.

mrwug

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Right now I'm planning on windows only, just like my current BMW. I went whole hog on the MINI I had before that (ceramic tint on windows, windshield, sunroof), then went windows only with the BMW and didn't notice a night & day difference. I'll do the windows on the Y I've ordered and if it's still too hot, I'll add film to the windshield and roof.,

Needsdecaf

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do yourself a favor and put 70% on the windshield and the roof now. Trust me.

I had a 2018 Model 3 and didn't do the roof and even in Houston, it was fine.

They removed the special coating (that made the roofs turn colors in the rain) and on my 2020, the heat load absolutely POURS in from the roof. Even though I did my windshield in the 2020, the roof load makes it hotter than my 2018 with neither (did that make sense)?

Just...do it.