Time to start buying TSLA? Or get out before the crash?

Wooloomooloo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This hasn't aged well.

Hoping for a rebound in Q3. Q2 they have to prove they had demand and some profit.
It really hasn't. I'm sure most people are aware of the (in)famous "Roundtable" thread on another forum - anyone there posting anything remotely sobering about TSLA is thrown to the wolves. Blind love and loyalty to a company is a terrible investment strategy.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It really hasn't. I'm sure most people are aware of the (in)famous "Roundtable" thread on another forum - anyone there posting anything remotely sobering about TSLA is thrown to the wolves. Blind love and loyalty to a company is a terrible investment strategy.
That thread is a nightmare. If you miss one day of visiting/reading? Forget it... 50 more pages of 20 replies each. There’s good info sprinkled about in those new replies (links, real data, quotes, etc.) but it’s just a PITA to even sift through it all.

Do you Guys use a app like Robin Hood or use a company ?
Vanguard. YUUGE Bogle head here, may he RIP. His mind was razor sharp until he passed.

I love the car, the company, and Elon too. However, every trade has a buyer and a SELLER.

Tesla is a very complicated company. Factory in China is supposed to be selling m3's by the end of 2019.
Best cars in the world, hardest working employees in the world, most important mission in the world, top genius/visionary of my lifetime at the helm. With that, few entrepreneurs make effective CEOs. If anyone has been (objectively) watching what has been transpiring over at Fremont/Hawthorne over the last couple of years and still only sees continued greatness with every tweet, every pr announcement, and every staged presentation, well then, they might as well head on over to that TSLA investing thread on that other forum that was mentioned upthread.

Glad to read that the China factory is on or ahead of schedule with 24hr. construction, i believe it will be challenging to source the 6-7K in-spec, high quality unique parts required for the M3 that I believe must be sourced locally as one of the restrictions placed on Tesla for building the first unprecedented production plant in China without the requirement of a Chinese partner.

Too amusing reading a well known Tesla/Twitter poster engage Elon recently about utilizing the same production line in China as they are currently using in Fremont. Such a question shows just how little insight and production knowledge that individual truly has for someone with such accessibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale Gardner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would implore others to consider purchasing ownership shares of the company of Tesla, Inc. at this time. :)

The ARK Innovation fund was buying a bunch of TSLA on friday. They have 10% of their entire fund in Tesla and it is their #1 holding: https://ark-funds.com/arkk#holdings So you would be in good company.

For myself, I loaded up on Tesla shares at the end of the day friday, at $234 per share. :p Think about it like this: many others have already bought shares at a higher price and either sold for a loss, or are holding and buying more shares right now. This is an opportunity to pick up Tesla shares at a lower price than everyone else in the past few years. :D

Wooloomooloo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Short, and very well stated IMO!!!! That is a keeper. Now, I double dare you to post that same statement verbatim on the other forum. Your PM/conversation box will crash. :fearscream::smiley:
I made a similar comment...

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

To save you the click...

Is this based on a principle of supporting Tesla specifically, or EV's generally? If the latter, there really isn't any harm in diversifying. If the former, then do be careful. While there's undoubtedly a litany of "liars, cheats, lobbyists, fraudsters and flat out criminals" on the short/sell side of the equation, it might turn out to be the case for some of those on the buy side of this.

History is full of examples of people doing wrong things for the right reasons, don't let romance and blind-faith drive your investments. You don't want to be that martyr, do you?
This was in the context of someone saying if any other stock behaved this way they'd close it down, but they stuck with TSLA, well just beacuse...

PA-pilot

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The decision to buy Tesla should be first predicated on your long term view / belief of the company then on Stock price. For example, I am long and believe Tesla is a game changer that will be around for a long time and will one day breakout. For that reason, I dollar cost average and buy in increments regardless of price. That said, when there is a market event that drops the price like we are experience, I will certainly add to my position as well. My buy in price ranges from $180 to $325 per share. If I go back to my thesis, will it really matter in 15 years? Finally, my advice is don't invest any money you need and/or unwilling to lose. With the stock market your risk is 100% of your investment, but your upside is infinity.

MachV

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't want to toot my own horn but it's very rare when I'm right so I figure I have to do it.

My previous post was on 2/22 when TSLA stock closed 346.17 - almost at the peak and almost $100 more than where we are now. https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/buying-stock.6050/#post-76128

If I could predict the future, I would be a multi-gazillionaire and I would buy everyone on this forum a Model X. Unfortunately, I'm not but I still think it's not quite the right setting to get back into TSLA.

Remember. A broken clock shows the right time twice every day. :confused:
unless its a digital clock

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Short, and very well stated IMO!!!! That is a keeper. Now, I double dare you to post that same statement verbatim on the other forum. Your PM/conversation box will crash. :fearscream::smiley:
That has to be the official Tesla forum, LOL. I've never seen such a group of apologists and blind-lovers in there in all my years on the internet, and that's saying something.