Thoughts on Immersive Sound on the Model 3

Immersive Sound, Prefer it On or Off?

• Total voters
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As a total sound noob... what exactly does immersive sound entail? What's it supposed to make me feel/hear?

I will say, immersive sound or not, the Tesla's is the BEST sound system I've had in any car I've driven (granted I don't drive too many $100k cars). Sometimes, when I get home, I just sit in my car and let the song finish because I like the sound so much, and husband is looking at me through the window like "oi, what are you just sitting in the car for?"
Everyday when I get to work I say out loud, "Do I have to get out of my Tesla and stop listening to the music???" I don't want to!

Kimmo57

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think Immersive sound is just a gimmick that ruins the sound image (and a bit of the sound quality as well). A bit like those "concert hall" -effects you might get on your home amplifier or headphones. There's hardly any stereo image as it is, no need to make it worse.
Flat eq, immersive off, all front. That's my setup.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think Immersive sound is just a gimmick that ruins the sound image (and a bit of the sound quality as well). A bit like those "concert hall" -effects you might get on your home amplifier or headphones. There's hardly any stereo image as it is, no need to make it worse.
Flat eq, immersive off, all front. That's my setup.
IF you have the full Premium Audio and are feeding it a quality high bitrate source then you are surely in the minority with that train of thought and that flat EQ setting. And in all seriousness you might want to get your ears checked. ;)

Info on the audio hardware and development for Tesla by s1nn:
https://www.whathifi.com/features/how-tesla-developed-in-car-audio-system-model-s-saloon

The Model 3 sound clarity and sound stage is better than anything I've ever driven prior including those with BOSE, Harman Kardon, Beats, Infinity, Revel, etc. audio systems. So much so that every time I get into another car I instantly think how bad it sounds compared to the 3. The ONLY thing I would change would be to add a little more Bass either with more power, a larger woofer or both. :cool:

Last edited:

Kimmo57

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IF you have the full Premium Audio and are feeding it a quality high bitrate source then you are surely in the minority with that train of thought and that flat EQ setting. And in all seriousness you might want to get your ears checked. ;)

Info on the audio hardware and development for Tesla by s1nn:
https://www.whathifi.com/features/how-tesla-developed-in-car-audio-system-model-s-saloon

The Model 3 sound clarity and sound stage is better than anything I've ever driven prior including those with BOSE, Harman Kardon, Beats, Infinity, Revel, etc. audio systems. So much so that every time I get into another car I instantly think how bad it sounds compared to the 3. The ONLY thing I would change would be to add a little more Bass either with more power, a larger woofer or both. :cool:

Are you saying that high bitrate source needs more correction from the eq?
A !ot of people write that the Model 3 audio is the best they've ever heard. I believe them, I have no doubt that they have never heard better. And it really is good for a factory car audio, as long as it's not ruined by messing with the eq. But by good, I only mean the frequency response and as long as the rears are off. Theres little to no stereo image due to too many speakers and the immersive gimmick destroys it completely. It not only weakens the frequency response, but it also makes it feel like you're sitting inside headphones. There's no 3rd dimension, like there is with really good audio.

Defjukie

Country
Country
Are you saying that high bitrate source needs more correction from the eq?
A !ot of people write that the Model 3 audio is the best they've ever heard. I believe them, I have no doubt that they have never heard better. And it really is good for a factory car audio, as long as it's not ruined by messing with the eq. But by good, I only mean the frequency response and as long as the rears are off. Theres little to no stereo image due to too many speakers and the immersive gimmick destroys it completely. It not only weakens the frequency response, but it also makes it feel like you're sitting inside headphones. There's no 3rd dimension, like there is with really good audio.
I actually agree with you on the flat EQ setting, but I've also added a 10" sub in the trunk.

BobbyM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country