This gets better, right?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

JMZMartin

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Didn't mean to have a click bait title on purpose. And I'll skip more complaining about the annoyingly convoluted purchase process and fewer incentives Tesla buyers in Texas have to endure because the legislature is more loyal to gas, oil and car sales lobbies than regular citizens.

But I have to ask if the constant search for information on the Model 3 in articles, reviews and blog posts and the constant check for updates to my Tesla account, emails from my ISA, new Model 3 owners forum threads and falling down the rabbit hole looking for accessories for a car I don't even have yet is normal.

Is this a long term thing? Things have to even out eventually I would hope? This can't be good for anyone's long term health.

I'm only partially kidding.o_O

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You are very normal and following in the foot steps of just a few of us around here. It won't stop and you can't do anything it until you get the car. That part can be just a bit frustrating, but when you do get the car your grin won't go away, you won't be able to stop driving it. I took delivery 2 months ago and rarely leave this forum for more than a couple of hours at a time, maybe that is just because I don't have a life, but that is another rabbit hole.

You won't look back and you'll laugh at this waiting process and you'll truly know that every painful minute of it was worth it.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Didn't mean to have a click bait title on purpose. And I'll skip more complaining about the annoyingly convoluted purchase process and fewer incentives Tesla buyers in Texas have to endure because the legislature is more loyal to gas, oil and car sales lobbies than regular citizens.

But I have to ask if the constant search for information on the Model 3 in articles, reviews and blog posts and the constant check for updates to my Tesla account, emails from my ISA, new Model 3 owners forum threads and falling down the rabbit hole looking for accessories for a car I don't even have yet is normal.

Is this a long term thing? Things have to even out eventually I would hope? This can't be good for anyone's long term health.

I'm only partially kidding.o_O
You are not alone. It is a sickness o_O
I still read all things Tesla, Electric, Boring, Spaxe X on twitter, watch YouTube, and spend allot of time on the forum. And I have had my 3 since March.
But it will slow down, a little. I still look for accessories but as time goes it does become less but so far the joy of driving her is still the same.

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'd suspect that well over 90% of the Tesla owners have heard of this, let alone visited the forum.

And for those who tend to ignore the news and articles, they get to pick up their car with awe and drive home completely aware that they are extremely happy.

Compare this with the person that gets the checklist, goes over the car in detail and finds a slightly misaligned bumper. This person now looks at the car for the rest of its life and sees the misaligned bumper.

Ignorance is quite often the way to happiness.

JMZMartin

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ignorance isn't the way to anything other than ignorance where I come from. But that might have to do with my job as an educator.

I much prefer sayings like "knowledge is power" or "proper information is one the primary keys to success." Still I have worked to stop obsessing about a lot of the whole delivery process since it's out of my control.

Also I was making light of my own overwhelming desire to get information early on from other Texas owners since so many reside within a quick jaunt of where I live and we all have the same delivery center. Shout out to Cedar Springs.

Also my dad is a GM retiree and a car buff. He instilled the latter in all his kids. A misaligned bumper is a no go in my family. Yet I see your point. I won't need a checklist. But I know what I will and won't accept. Plus it's one of the last Silver Metallic models. It needs to uphold that legacy.

AirxSails

Country
Country
I got my 3AWD October 19th, prior to that I had paid cash for the car ~mid August when I had all paperwork done and waiting delivery. The delivery center was quite busy and the next contact was in late September when they were trying to squeeze in every car they could at end of Qrt 3.
After a couple of messages on my phone they decided they could not get the car from California in time. After that things slowed down a bit and next I heard from the Tesla delivery contact in Nevada that in a couple weeks it would be here in Houston for me to pick up.
By October 19 I had the car and it was a short intro at the Service Center but it’s easy to drive and there is enough information about its features that I had no problems with it. In fact I took a long distance trip to Denver 3 days later.
The only problem I encountered was the plates took about 6 weeks to be delivered. I was antsy about driving with an expired dealer plate but the service center pointed out that on the back of the dealer plate was another dealer plate that covered another month.
Now I have put almost 7000 miles on the car and I am completely happy with the car.

Cheers, Eric B.