They changed the steering wheel logo!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
After closer inspection and research, Tesla has changed the steering wheel logo from a shiny chrome logo to a matte silver logo. All older vehicles produced have this logo even some newer ones in the states. I just received mine 27xxx vin and the logo is matte silver. To be honest it looks cheaper than the classic chrome logo. Any one else get shipped the matte silver logo on the steering wheel?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
photo?

really, there is no other chrome on the interior - so I don't think going to the matte finish to match the trim around the dash vent and center console is a bad thing.

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
as mentioned above, looks like this is a much better match to the other alumn/silver colored trim on the interior than the steering wheel having the single glossy chrome thing on the interior.

Vin

Country
Country
as mentioned above, looks like this is a much better match to the other alumn/silver colored trim on the interior than the steering wheel having the single glossy chrome thing on the interior.
I wouldn't mind this new Matte logo either, it looks pretty good in my opinion, but i would have to compare both side by side in person, and honestly it's a minor change, and wouldn't really care either way.
Plus, doesn't it seem the matte will be better because of less shine/sun glare?

Last edited:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Now I need a new steering wheel, trunk liner, and seats... what’s next? ;)
You're just going to need to re-order. I'm surprised that old thing you have even runs. It's a relic.

By the way, I really do like the chrome on this car. Not a bright shiny, not a gun metal, not sure what you want to call it, but I like it's color and shininess, or kind of lack there of.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Matte FTW. But once I get to doing the vinyl on the interior mine is going to be deep red anyway.

beantownrich

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If it makes you feel any better, my April build has a chrome one and it's on the verge of falling off. It wiggles and is loose. I'm looking into have them replace it (which is most likely a new airbag) because I find it distracting. From what I've seen the new non-chrome ones are a little bit bigger with wider pieces.