The trunk is big, but not necessarily in all cases

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m sure most if not all of you have seen this video:

That is seriously impressive! Of course take it with a grain of salt because you need to see how it works for the stuff you need to bring with you. Where am I going with this you ask. I have a soon to be 5 year old and a 2 year old. We’re going on our annual Disney road trip soon and that means a little bit of luggage and 2 strollers. Well today was our first time putting both strollers in the trunk as we went to the mall.

I’m underwhelmed...

84c8809b-8a6f-4db9-887b-b60aaec4f5ac-jpeg.5960
95a624c1-f0bc-4dbc-9419-442e0b3cc17c-jpeg.5961

The strollers aren’t big by any means. We could get smaller ones but we have had these essentially forever and they have served us well. The challenge is that you can’t get them to span across the trunk and since you have to go diagonal it really sucks up space.

By comparison here they are in my wife’s trunk (2015 Hyundai Sonata), which is my previous car as well and one we took to Disney with ease 3 times.

88b0c16b-f8aa-449e-a992-cf3e48455b2a-jpeg.5962

Anyway, I’m sure we’ll shoehorn some luggage and make it work. The kid’s luggage will likely fit in the frunk.

Just food for thought. I remember thinking @danzgator was crazy (sorry again), because I saw the video referenced at the top of the post, but clearly travel with kids won’t be the easiest travel to make work at the end of the day.

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know this isn't exactly what you were thinking of, but on our trips to Disney, we've run into problems bringing strollers too. Our solution is to stop at a Wal Mart near Orlando, and buy two umbrella strollers. They're tiny and cost about $10 each. Then instead of bringing them home, we just give them away at Disney to another family.

The downside is that you can't carry all of your gear in these strollers, but I've found I can take everything I need for the day in a backpack (and I'm a pack rat, with backup batteries for phones, chargers, water, towels, etc, in that backpack).

Regardless of how you solve your particular problem, thanks for posting these pictures. As the rest of us wait for delivery, it helps us think through how we'd have to address similar issues.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know this isn't exactly what you were thinking of, but on our trips to Disney, we've run into problems bringing strollers too. Our solution is to stop at a Wal Mart near Orlando, and buy two umbrella strollers. They're tiny and cost about $10 each. Then instead of bringing them home, we just give them away at Disney to another family.

The downside is that you can't carry all of your gear in these strollers, but I've found I can take everything I need for the day in a backpack (and I'm a pack rat, with backup batteries for phones, chargers, water, towels, etc, in that backpack).

Regardless of how you solve your particular problem, thanks for posting these pictures. As the rest of us wait for delivery, it helps us think through how we'd have to address similar issues.
A great solution!

Something we’ve considered regardless of car storage space as well. A fear of having our strollers stolen/misplaced is on the list of considerations.

eye.surgeon

Country
Country
I had our stroller stolen at Disneyland. It's quite common as is petty theft in general-- Disneyland will never admit this or even warn visitors but it's common knowledge among locals and I would bet there is thousands of dollars of petty theft at the park every day and much of it comes out of strollers while families are riding.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had our stroller stolen at Disneyland. It's quite common as is petty theft in general-- Disneyland will never admit this or even warn visitors but thieves target visitors and I would bet there is thousands of dollars of petty theft at the park every day.
I’m sure! We never leave anything in the stroller when queuing for a ride, but still worry about someone taking the stroller itself even if by accident.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Back when my kids were young and we took vacations to Disney World, we just rented one of the parks' strollers. We'd leave the baby bag with diapers, wipes, and snacks sitting in the stroller while we were on rides. We never had a problem with theft, but there really wasn't anything too valuable left in the stroller. Plus, there's no incentive for the whole stroller to be stolen from the park - Disney security easily prevents that.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 5960 View attachment 5961

The strollers aren’t big by any means. We could get smaller ones but we have had these essentially forever and they have served us well. The challenge is that you can’t get them to span across the trunk and since you have to go diagonal it really sucks up space.
Just curious - what is the length of the strollers you are using from end to end? Thanks.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the info! I just measured my stroller and it’s 40” long...phew!
You’re welcome! With one stroller at that length you should be good! With 2 it’s tough because only the front part of the trunk is wide enough for it to go across the width of the trunk.