The Technical Thread - Salvage Owners Welcomed

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
As the owner of the Unofficial Tesla Tech wiki, welcome to The Technical Thread, the official support location for the wiki.

All questions welcomed although the focus will be on hacking the firmware and hardware, rooting your car, making desired changes to firmware, and solving problems.

I'll do my best to be here but am very busy so may be off and on.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Perhaps it is time to look for a salvage, CCS-1 connector and controller to connect to the traction battery. This could open up access to Electrify America and EVgo for charging. Make it a kit and let Tesla know you've found a bypass for their locked cars. Done right, it could open up the high-speed, CCS-1 network interfaces for any Tesla.

Bob Wilson

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Seems like Electrify America and EVgo are rather expensive.

When Tesla disables Supercharging, they are taking away a feature of the car which was paid for at original purchase. So root the car and re-enable Sc.

OTOH if your car did not come with Sc or it expired, yours is a good workaround. Another option is ChaDEmo, although that would need to be enabled in firmware. (as root)

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When Tesla disables Supercharging, they are taking away a feature of the car which was paid for at original purchase. So root the car and re-enable Sc.
Sorry for semi off-topic, did any S or newer car come unable to supercharge ever? I don't mean zero cost I mean physically unable. Thanks

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

laferg69

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Seems like Electrify America and EVgo are rather expensive.

OTOH if your car did not come with Sc or it expired, yours is a good workaround. Another option is ChaDEmo, although that would need to be enabled in firmware. (as root)
do you know of any rooting pros? I have a 2016 tesla 85D that needs supercharging and I am not a computer geek. If so, what's a typical fee for this? Need to know if i should dump my 2016 85D with 20K miles. Wife wasn't happy when supercharging dropped