The tales of Red Dragon... and its Rider...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well, wifey and I took a little excursion down to Paris, France... Reason is we had a big decision to take, one that required tangible proof...

I am on record for having said here and elsewhere many times we are in much worse situation in EU with regards to CPO S’, not to mention X’... Cars that would make sense to me in terms of short age and/or low mileage are extremely rare and by default then still very expensive, say €65-70k at an absolute minimum. Since I want to keep my T≡SLA ten years if not more, and drive at least 20-25k miles each year, anything over 35k miles was off limits for me... and I always said my budget for Midnight S≡R≡NITY was €45k, after deduction of the 6k French EV incentives...

So, did not keep my hopes up... yet, with probably 18 months to go before Midnight S≡R≡NITY would show it’s cute little nose... and not I’ve been saying 18 months for at least a quarter now... ;), I could not help to keep on eye on used S’ from time to time...

Three weeks ago, I spotted a slightly over 3 years old MCR S85, sold by a private individual in Paris, with only 16k miles/26,000 kms on... for €60k... o_ODespite the fact red is not my fav color (don’t need to remind you which one that is... :D), the price was low enough - yet still too high to pass my personal CEO - and frankly my own - test, I called the guy anyway... To make a(n already) long story shorter, in essence the car seemed interesting, had the tremendous advantage of having both EAP and free SC for life... so, since both him & I were both taking a ten day trip (extraordinary enough to only about 80 miles from eachother in SW France), I told him I’d think about it... and most importantly y’all to wifey... ;)

A week ago, as we were driving back from Italy, he called to ask whether I had taken a decision. So I told him, well, your car intrigues me, yet the maximum I’d pay would most likely not be agreeable to him... :D So he goes, what would that be and I answer €55k tops... thinking he’ll hang up on me, and I add, I only have the full amount end of April once we closed on the sale of our Belgian house... His answer astounds me... he accepts the 5k lower price yet could not deal with waiting for 4 weeks ‘cause he needed the money for his new car...

Last chapter... we agreed to meet today. In the meantime, I decided to take a bridge loan for 30% for only one month (cost $40... :D) in order to be ready in case I liked the car... :)

Bottom line, test drove it & scrutinized it, it is in pristine condition, with a very small scratch on the front bumper to the right and a couple of minor rim rashes... net result: I GOT MY VIN today!!!
I take the TGV (high speed train) to Paris next Friday 4/6 to pick it up... :) :)

Some pics below...
9A8730B9-0CD1-4D3A-B5FA-ED604192D32D.jpeg 8F200993-1A67-4E91-888B-91A67032C8B8.jpeg 8649365A-7EFE-45BB-9434-E601B492E0B0.jpeg

I will hold on to my Model 3 reservation for now... We all know by now I’ll jump up the line next year and can decide what to do by then. Chances are I could either resell the S if I’d want to have Midnight S≡R≡NITY anyways and lose little to nothing on the resale value since I got it so cheap, or make folks down the line happy by cancelling my res (my hunch today, the latter scenario has the greater probability as I see it today...).

Ideally, I’d like to upgrade the front to the redesigned mustache look like @Ben Sullins did on his S, and, at least as much, nicer looking new 19s, keeping the stock rims for winter tires, yet we’ll see about these enhancements later, depending how well my business goes...

Anyways, sorry for jumping ship, guess I just could not pass on this fantastic opportunity!!! Don’t know how I’ll sleep until end of next week... :eek:

Guess you’ll give me feedback...

Mesprit87

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Félicitations !

No doubts, big decisions to make once the M3 gets over the pond!
I know I would feel more comfortable driving a somewhat smaller 3 on french roads.

By the way you will get your invite sooner now that you are an owner!

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Michael that's FABULOUS news, so happy for you!! You must be climbing the walls waiting for Friday to come!
Look forward to hearing about all the adventures ahead :).
Thanks, Mad H!
Need to follow up on our video call of a couple of months so will be in touch, after 4/6 to kill two birds with one more video call! ;)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Michael Russo congratulations I am happy for you my friend!! You made this difficult for me as I've now known for a while of the possibility but couldn't say anything :)

Anyway, now begins the longest and toughest wait, the wait from VIN assignment to delivery :D:D:D

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not another Traitor!:p............Just kidding, Great looking car and that is my favorite color combo on the S. Congrats on a great decision all the way around. Seems like there is no downside to that one.

Ya know, it's bad enough around here being jealous of all the people getting Tesla's before me. First it was the Online reservation holders, then the Canadians, some Russian dude, and now even Europeans!......who's next??.....well, hopefully ME!:D

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Michael Russo So awesome! This car couldn't be going to a nicer, more deserving man! So happy for you and The Red Dragon (who is now in GREAT hands!)
Of course, this doesn't mean you're leaving us for the MSOC are you? :p

Thank you for sharing your story and pictures with us. May The Red Dragon bring you many KM and years of enjoyment!

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thanks to all who responded already with such kind words... back to working a bit to stay busy and bring some money in.. ;)

Definitely not leaving M3OC, such a nice group of folks deserve to be nurtured & friendships that arose here are for the long term. :)

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Thanks to all who responded already with such kind words... back to working a bit to stay busy and bring some money in.. ;)

Definitely not leaving M3OC, such a nice group of folks deserve to be nurtured & friendships that arose here are for the long term. :)
hey now - just because you have a Model S doesn't mean you won't have a Model 3 in the future :D

Status
Not open for further replies.